“Super”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went here for a facial yesterday What an experience A beautiful setting for a hotel in the middle of a retail park but with beautiful gardens leading into a well laid out hotel Very welcoming staff at reception The spa itself was only FAB!!!! Again the staff at reception were very welcoming and informative and we didn't have to ask any questions as we were told everything we needed to know The facilities in the pool were great and we spent over an hour doing the rounds of the various jets and the steam room and sauna Then we were brought to the relaxing room before our facials This might be my only quib as the water for the herbal tea was stone cold but other than this everything else was as it should be We were then brought to the treatment rooms for our facials and again this was heavenly Even though I hadn't been cold the beds were warm and it was just unexpected I enjoyed it so much The girl that did the facial was so warm and professional and my skin looked fabulous afterwards We then went back to the relaxing room where we were served fruit kebabs with juice and banana smoothies which were gorgeous I totally enjoyed my day out and now have the Spa on speed dial on my phone I'm gonna try the EXOTIC LIME AND GINGER SALT GLOW treatment next

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 Star Review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork. I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjpyed your experience in our Retreat Spa so much. I am very pleased that you think the location is great with beautiful gardens, we are set on 9 acres here at the hotel.

I am very pleased with your comments regarding our staff being helpful and informative and it is great to see that you made use of our hydrotherapy treatment pool and also relaxation room before and after your treatment. Once again many thanks for taking the time to write your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, this time for an Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had some work in little Island so this hotel was perfect for its location then my family joined me for the week end
here are the pros and cons
Pros:
-quite, didn't have any "noise" problem although there was a wedding there
-nice room size and room quality "everything you would expect from a 4 stars hotel"
-nice pool and gym
-good food
-my wife tried the spa and highly recommended it "especially the back massage "
-some of the staff were really nice and helpful
now lets get to the cons
-if you want to eat at the restaurant or the bar prepare to WAIT " really WAIT !!". we went to the restaurant for a family dinner and ordered steak, it took the meal almost 45 min to arrive "having said that it was a nice steak at the end" , in another occasion, a burger took 30 min. so be sure to take that into consideration
- some of the staff act "professional " which is fine by me, the bar staff though is closer to be rude than being "pro" so they should work on their "communication skills "
-no king size beds "although the booking says so !" it was simply two double bed put next to each others ! and they are separated "easily to separate" when I talked to the staff she said all rooms are the same
overall I would recommend the hotel, as I said its well maintained and very nice

Room Tip: there are two sections in this hotel , one next to the pool and the other straight to the bar so you...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Haitham_dublin

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you found the location of the hotel convenient for your needs, and that you found your room spacious and of a high quality. I am delighted your wife enjoyed her treatment at our Retreat Spa and they you were able to make use of the complimentary facilities of our hydrotherapy treatment pool.

Just regarding your comments regarding the steak and burger, all our food in the bar and our evening menu's in our restaurant are cooked to order, and as for these products as you can imagine, if they are requested well-done these take a considerable amount of time. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and young daughter on a short trip to Cork. This hotel is clean and modern. The room we stayed in was comfortable and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great variety buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel good value for money, clean & modern with friendly and helpful staff. On your next visit to us why not try the complimentary facilities of our hydrotherapy treatment pool. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Normally I don't like to complain but this time I think i have to. My husband and i spent few days in the hotel. We had very interesting experiences. Sometimes staff forgets that they are there for the customer and not the customer is there for the staff. Some of the staff especially at the check out the receptionist was very rude. We left home looking for a nice rest in the hotel and we came across: average but expensive food, average service. Don't order food in the room service unless you can't move. Its expensive. The breakfast room and the dinner room is the same, which wouldn't be a problem but the setting was the same. We were looking forward to a nice romantic dinner but the only different was between the breakfast and the dinner setting was the glasses.
If you having breakfast, get up early, because in our experiences, if something gone is gone.They don't refill the Buffet.
The Spa is Fantastic. The swimming pool is lovely. I recommend it to every Lady to have at least one treatment. They are mix prices but its heaven.

Room Tip: If you would like a nice quiet room, ask the Reception to allocate you away from the Children play g...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review on Tripadvisor, I am disappointed to read your comments regarding our receptionist, I will look into this matter further on your behalf as we welcome all constructive criticism and we may need to look at retraining.

Breakfast, our buffet lunch and evening meals are served in our Island Grillroom restaurant. Our food is something that we are very proud of, our chef's are award winning and ensure all food that leaves the kitchen whether for, breakfast, lunch or a banquet is of the highest standard. Our breakfast offerings are refreshed throughout the morning as with all our buffet selections. I am delighted that you enjoyed the treatments in our Retreat Spa and also made use of the complimentary facilities of our hydrotherapy treatment pool.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived at hotel to be me by a receptionist who quite clearly thought I did not belong there, as a she chatted with the couple on at the desk.for 5 mins and upgraded their room and gave them a food discount card where as she basically just threw a key at me. I noticed the number on the check in sheet was different than the one I had been allocated and I asked why and she replied I didn't pay for a business room so they ha moved me, but they upgraded the people in front for no reason???? Very odd.
Got to room noticed duvet was far too small for the bed, it didn't even cover the top left 2 inches at each side uncovered, no DVD player either, meant to be in each room. Apart from that rooms are lovely and shower is good.
Breakfast was awesome huge selection but the juices are disgusting. I don't know how you make orange juice taste cheesy but it did.
As I was travelling with 6 other people we asked reception if they could get us a 7 set taxi to take us to work. We were told one wasn't available and asked for 2 normal taxis instead. After waiting 30 mins for our taxis none turned up,asked recepton where our taxis were and the girl said we didn't book any!!??!! She then went on to completely deny she spoke to us, which we had, and then she said she thought we wanted one taxi for two.people??? At this point we had to run to the local train station so as to get to work at a decent time. No apologies were offered and we were over an hour late for work.
I also noticed during my visit that the lamp next to my bed emitted blue sparks from the switch when you turned it on/off. Reported this to reception and the European guy there told me that it is normal and electronics do that generally!!!!
This hotel needs a complete overhaul of its reception staff they are rude and incompetent.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank p_land_sherrif

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. First of all I would like to apoloigise that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay here with us, I would like to discuss the issues you have raised in your review, if you can contact me on my direct line 021 4297050. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a nice business class hiotel with comfortable rooms and good facilities. A little difficult to find in the dark, so a larger signage would not go amiss. Did not help that Google nav sent me to airport which used ot be a Radisson I believe. Close to shopping centre but a little far from town so a car is needed. Could not fault the staff or facilities all very pleasant.
Stayed here at weekend night (Fri) and there was considerable noise from the ongoing wedding....its Ireland after all. The only issue was I could hardly hear what the receptionist was saying with the loud music. Room was comfortable and quiet however and I was off to sleep in no time.

Room Tip: Had an executive room which has a couple of extra plus points. It was at the back of the hotel whic...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you found the hotel to have good facilities, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Our staff is indeed one of our trump cards here at the hotel. On your next stay here with us I would suggest you enjoy the complimentary facilities of our Hydrotherapy treatment pool.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel very nice but would class it as a business hotel, rooms lovely,food very good and staff very helpful, bar to modern and clinical.
Can not fault price I paid but does vary a lot on time of year,day of the week etc

Room Tip: Rooms near the function area can be noisier
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and that you found our bedrooms lovely, food very good and our staff very helpful. On your next visit I would suggest you try our hydrotherapy treatment pool, which is complimentary to hotel guests.