“Good business hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Deventer, The Netherlands
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Large comfortable rooms, good dinner (I had the Irish steak which was good but what I really liked were the large mushrooms), located close to the highway, attentive staff. The only (slight) downside was that I still detected a hint of smoke in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nico d d
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you found our rooms large and comfortable, our staff attentive and that you enjoyed your meal here with us. I apologise that you detected smoke in your room, if this was brought to our attention at the time of your stay I am sure we could have rectified this for you.
On your next visit to us why not make use of the complimentary facilities of our Hydrotherapy treatment pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Amy Quilter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here on business as an alternative to the Radisson at Cork Airport. It covers all the business basics very well:

Acess - jsut off the main Waterford road and close enough to town and the airport.
Rooms - clean, warm, good sleeep quality.
Internet - WiFi worked fine and free for the duration.
Car parking - plenty of it and seemed secure.
Food - had dinner in the bar where the food was as good as many restaurants and the breakfast was varied and plentyfull.
Staff - helpful and pleasant.
Spa- arrived too late to use it but it stays open until 930 at night so should be an option for unwinding after most days of business.

Overall, ticks all the boxes well and can recommend highly for a business stay in Cork

Room Tip: Second floor good and quiet for a decent night's sleep even when the hotel is busy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Boo_Radleys
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you found us to be an excellent business hotel. I am delighted it ticks all the boxes for you. On your next visit I would recommend booking any Spa treatments at the time of reserving your room as appointments do fill up quickly.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Returned to the Radisson Blu having stayed last year durning business trip as it is ideally located to the office in Little Island.

Staff are very friendly and hotel is well appointed.

Ate in the bar on both nights with no concerns.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that this is a return visit to the hotel for you and it is great that you find our hotel well appointed and staff friendly. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals in our Banks Bar. On your next visit I would suggest trying our Island Grillroom Restaurant.

Once again many thanks for your 5 star review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here recently while attending a wedding. On check in, I was asked for my credit card. I immediatly said no, as I don't have one, but if i did, i won't be handing it over, as I hadn't bought anything yet. Then I was told, if that was the case, I would have to pay for the room up front. Again, I said no, that just like every other hotel, I'll pay on checkout. At this point the manager got involved and said it was hotel policy of all Radisson Blu hotels to either hand over a credit card or pay up front. I told her it was a very unusual policy, considering I had stayed in hotels across the globe and i've always paid on checkout. She then said "where was the last hotel you stayed in? 'Cause I've worked in five hotels in Cork City and you always pay up front". I thought this was a little unusual considering the young lady was approximately 25yrs old, but yet she already been through five hotels!!! I also didn't appreicate being questioned about where I had been before. I was told without a credit card being held or payment up front I couldn't check in. I felt highly insulted, that they were basically saying we don't believe your going to pay and therefore we want the money up front. I then called my wife over and told her the story. She went the the desk and they told her that they wanted to just take the details of the card, that no charges would be paid and the card would be returned, (I was told hand over your card, nothing about taking details etc.). So my wife gave over her card details and we got our room keys. The room was very clean and tidy. There was a mini bar with nothing in it. Again, one of the reasons that a credit card might be requested is to pay for the mini bar, but that was not a reason. The bed was a king size bed, however, the duvet appeared to be for a double bed, because it didn't drape over the sides. Considering the hotel is built on the edge of an industrial park, the view from our window was a part of the car park and some waste ground. Something bit me during the night and left a large red mark on my leg, (my guess is a spider and a big spider at that!). The breakfast the following morning was grand. It was a buffet breakfast. A point to note about checking out, the room key (electronic credit card type) no longer works after 12 midday. I left my phone in the room, just realizing it when I closed the door of the room. I could't get back in as the key no longer worked (it was approximately 12:04pm). Had to go down to reception and all the way back up to the room again (top floor, other end of building). Another couple who were staying there as well were locked out of their rooms come 12 midday. They however, had booked for two days, regardless of this they got locked out as well. And when they rang for someone to come up and let them in, they were told to go to the reception desk with proof of id before they could get back in, even though their id was in the room! This eventually got sorted. In our room I noticed a sign saying something to the effect of 'if your not happy with something, we'll do our best to sort it out, but if we can't, you do't pay' and it was signed by the Managing Director of the Radisson Blu hotel group. What a load of crap. They make sure to get your payment up front, (one way or the other), so you will be paying regardless of whether your happy or not. All in all not very happy with the experience and defintely will not be staying in any Radisson Blu hotel ever again, especially Little Island. If you have to stay in the area, I would recvommend either, the Fota Island Resort, or else Maryborough Hotel in Douglas, in fact even a B&B would be a better option. However, I would like to mention that all the staff (food service & bar) were very friendly and professional. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the check -in staff.

Room Tip: The rooms on the West have a view of an industrial park and on the East of waste ground.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kara O
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your stay. Just to respond to your point regarding the credit card situation, in the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork it is hotel policy to take a credit card swipe on check in to guarantee the booking. This card is not charged, on departure you can then settle the balance of the room in the manner that you would like. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in greater detail, you can contact me directly on 021 4297050. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed there with my husband and 2 year old daugher. The hotel has a pool which was great for my daughter, and a Spa for me! Buffet Breakfast in the mornings was lovely and there was a great selection. We were able to hop on a train to Cobh and Fota Wildlife park which were both only a few minutes away. Also Mahon Point Shopping Centre is on the way to the hotel for a bit of shopping!
Our room was a good size with plenty of room for my daughter to run around, and there was a childrens menu also in the bar for our dinners in the evenings. I have stayed here before just with my husband and found it very relaxing, it was very busy with weddings and a function being held there but it didnt feel it was too busy.
All in all I really enjoyed it and would come again .

Room Tip: I booked a business class room for a bit of extra space and it was well worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork. I am delighted to read that you, your husband and little girl enjoyed your stay with us recently. I am glad that you got to make use of the hydrotheraoy pool and that you enjoyed some pampering in the Retreat Spa.

It is great to see that you were able to visit some local attractions including Fota Wildlife Park, Cobh and Mahon Point. I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner in both the Island Grillroom Restaurant and the Banks Bar. If you are staying during the school holidays on your next visit why not try out our Kids Club.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here recently for a wedding. Rooms a bit basic but did the job. Food and staff were lovely, especially Pierre. An absolute gentleman, no complaints. Ideal for business travellers as it's close for airport, train station and city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork. I am delighted that you found our food and also our staff lovely, especially Pierre who I will pass your kind words ontp. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very nice place with great rooms and a top breakfast, very easy to find. The staff are excellent too with that caring touch that shows they go the extra mile. Very pleased and will stay again when I visit Cork

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork. I am delighted that you find us first class with great rooms, a top breakfast, easy to find and our staff excellent and willing to go the extra mile.