“Very nice, but overpriced”

Il Padrino Italian Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 632 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre
Cork, Ireland
“Very nice, but overpriced”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you're looking for an Italian style dinning experience, this is the place to go. Unfortunately, it's also really pricey, especially if you had wine to the mix. The food is very rich, so you'll get your fill no matter what you order, and the staff are very nice and accommodating. They execute all the dishes very well, and the presentation is good, but the food isn't so memorable that you'll run back for more. Nice for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
mallow
“One of the nicest in Cork”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I meet up with my girlfriends on a monthly basis so we always look to try different restaurants. It's been quite a while since we went here so it was time to revisit. The staff are great. The food exceptional especially as I am coeliac. The staff explained what I can eat or how they could mix things for me. I went with the beef risotto. It was lovely. For dessert I had strawberries and cream. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family. I WILL be returning there soon.

Visited January 2014
“Nice food but pricey”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Ate here recently and the only complaint I could have is the price. The food was very good, the service was great and attentive and the atmosphere was fine; however, paying up to €20 for a pasta dish is expensive. Starters for about €10 is also dear for an Italian. All in all the food is great but the jury is still out on whether it is good-value.

Ireland
“Best Italian in Cork”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is the best Italian restaurant in Cork, in my opinion, and I've heard the same from a number of my colleagues too. We ate here recently and were seated in the cellar part of the restaurant. I found it very atmospheric and reminiscent of authentic Italian restaurants abroad. It's suitable for couples or larger groups and families. The service was very attentive but not overbearing. The food choice was good and better than expected from looking at the website since there is an additional Tapas menu to choose from. There is a great choice of wines also. We were very pleased with our meal choices and will certainly return again soon.

Cork, Ireland
“Could have been much better”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The service was very good. My pasta was absolutely too spicy. On the menu, It had only one pepperoni besides. I like spicy food and I expected something a little spicy but instead it was so spicy that I didn't taste my noodles. I switched my pasta with my boyfriend's who usually eats much spicier food than I do and even he said it was spicy. His pasta (with prawns) was really delicious. The wine was also nice. We actually went there because of the Spanish food (they have tapas from Wednesday to Saturday) but we went there on a Sunday. They told us that they don't serve this food on a Sunday just before we were about to order. There was no sign on the menu that would have said so, I checked it in the internet after.