“Good food + friendly service”

Bombay Palace Indian Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 643 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: "Best Indian restaurant in Cork". Serving Cork for over 18 years.
cork
“Good food + friendly service”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here after work one evening so it was quiet when we arrived.
By the time we left there was a nice buzz .

Other reviews had led me to expect poor decor etc. but we found it fairly well kept and the restaurant was nice & warm.

Food was more than enough and very tasty.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food but very sick next day...”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Bombay Palace was always number one Indian restaurant in Cork because of its great food so we went there last weekend for romantic dinner. We had a very nice dinner but next day my Girlfriend and I we both went very very sick next morning...... Very disappointed after being their customer for last 7 years.... I don't think I will come back soon......

• Visited October 2013
Cork, Ireland
“First time Indian Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I like what I ate and I couldn't finish, the plate was too big for me.
The service was great, no rushing, they gave us extra time to decide and explained couple of meals. It was full of people on that Friday evening, very lively and pleasant.
The owner could modernise it a bit,or just change that almost destroyed carpet at the reception...or cover it with a nice indian rug or a runner. Someone else mentioned that the decor is out of date, and I'd add that exactly that makes the restaurant look unclean.

Lisbon, Portugal
“Nice Place With a Nice Atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice place with a nice atmosphere.
The plates arrived all the same time, one of them was very good but the other was completely burned (tikka).The staff was helpful and didn’t charge us the burnt plate.
Overall I recommend this place. Stop by if you visit Cork

Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous food, not so sure about the atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had read good reviews of Bombay Palace online when searching for Indian food in Cork, so ventured in on a Saturday evening. I didn’t like the look of the restaurant itself: it is quite small and there was very few people eating in. This left the atmosphere of the restaurant itself a little dull, and the dated décor didn’t help. I did notice that the reception area seemed very busy with takeaway orders and as our hotel was just around the corner we decided to get it to go.

We ordered two mains and a garlic naan, and as usual with Indian got complimentary poppdoms and two dips. This left us both perfectly full: not too much and far from too little. It was one of the most flavourful Indian dishes I have ever tasted: definitely top restaurant quality despite the fact we got it to go. Takeout service was also fast and very friendly and we could see the chefs in the kitchen chopping fresh ingredients which was fantastic. I would defiantly order from here again, although I am not too sure I would eat in the restaurant itself.

• Visited September 2013