“Nicest meal I ever had!!!!!2”
Review of Continental Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Continental Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went there on 2 occasions recently as had vouchers for it.looks like a husband and wife team run it-he cooks and she serves.nice basic decor inside.hostess was lovely.the food was amazing.had best salmon ever and d banoffie is too die for.the wife had chicken wrapped in Parma harm with goats cheese inside and that was also amazing and beautiful presentation.the service wasn't the fastest but I'd put that down to all items being cooked from scratch.would def recommend it and will be going back as often as I can.

2  Thank jamos1978

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went to the Continental for dinner last night with kids and we couldn't have been happier. The place has an excellent a la carte and set 2 / 3 course menu for the adults and a separate kids menu. Some of the dishes on the menu sound familiar (e.g. chilli con carne) but when you get them, wow they're distinct and anything but bland or predictable. Presentation is excellent, the staff are extremely friendly, the food is great value and generous. This is a great place for a meal and well worth seeking out. The place also deserves extra mention for helping our kids who are coeliac to feel included with their own bread and meal customised to their diet. Highly recommended.

2  Thank HibTraveller
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was introduced to this wonderful restaurant by some friends recently and, can honestly say it's one of the best I've ever been to. The owner, Agnes, is a most pleasant host for whom nothing is too much trouble.
There were five of us in total for lunch, all choosing different dishes and not one of them disappointed. While waiting for our meals to be served, we were treated some delicious home made breads, the walnut one was particularly good!! I then had monkfish, wrapped in very fine angel hair pasta and deep fried to perfection, while the others had goulash, slow roasted lamb, steak sandwich and satay chicken salad..........all of which were served with a selection of, very obvious, freshly prepared veg and rustic potatoes. The veg was cooked to perfection, insofar as whatever needed to be al dente was exactly that, and everything else was cooked to the same exacting standards. Even though I hadn't intended to have dessert, I simply had to try one because of the quality of my main course. I had the most amazing apple pie which had a custard incorporated in the filling.... stunning. I also liked the fact that everything here was made in house, from the breads, to jams and chutney. They also have a very good wine list!!
The only disappointment I had on leaving, was the fact that this truely fantastic restaurant has been on my doorstep for quite a few years and I never realised it was there at all. Wholeheartedly recommended for delicious food and amazing hospitality, I will definately become a regular!!!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Located a little bit of the Main Streets of Cork this place is absolutely worth looking for.
Service amazing, food amazing ,prices very resonable.
Try this place !!!

2  Thank Boris H
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Fantastic food, I love the poached egg and crispy bacon for breakfast. Very friendly and efficient staff

1  Thank iisollie