Cafe Paradiso Rooms
$187
$159
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

For those who love vegetarian food the restaurant below the rooms is a must visit. For me a one night stay, with the ability to relax completely sans tv in comfortable, clean, stylish surroundings was perfect. City centre is c8-10 mins walk. Adored the picnic style breakfast which was a feast of beautifully packaged treats & the lovely truffles on arrival. A meal in the stunning restaurant is included in the package we opted for. The high Quality of towels & toiletries was noteworthy. Staff were exceptionally pleasant & helpful. Has been on my to do list since the accommodation opened but I plan on returning as soon as I can. We had a front room and noise was not an issue on the Saturday night with shutters closed.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I first visited Cafe Paradiso more than 10 years ago and have all the cookbooks. It was great finally make a return visit and to find that the food is still top quality with innovative flavours and beautiful presentation for the dinner menu. Breakfast was well executed but a little disappointing as it reverted to more traditional scrambled eggs and mushrooms - as a non- vegetarian this just made me crave bacon and sausage (the obvious accompaniments!) and i would have preferred a more imaginative offering that didn't just feel like traditional breakfast without the meat.

We stayed in the spacious front room. Decor is modern and welcoming; bed was large and comfortable (although a bit soft for me). Bathroom is huge but would benefit from being better lit (eco lighting is not great for shaving or make-up). Previous reviewers have complained about street noise but we didn't notice any.

Overall the rooms at Cafe Paradiso were a good choice for one night especially as we had a late dinner reservation - it was very convenient to just have to trip upstairs to bed after a great meal. However, you are paying a premium compared to similar accomodation in Cork city and there may be better options for a longer stay. Don't miss dinner though!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I rearranged my trip so that I could take advantage of the Café Paradiso mid-week room/dinner/breakfast deal, and I am so glad I did. The people were so lovely, the room was massive and beautiful, and the food was really marvelous. I had a ravioli dish for dinner that I talked about for days afterward, and the breakfasts were superb - I was quite happy with my choice of porridge with whiskey in it, a big dish of local oyster mushrooms and crème fraîche on toast, and a huge pot of delicious coffee. I really enjoyed spending two rainy Cork mornings in the empty restaurant with this gorgeous big breakfast and a newspaper.

For anyone who is wondering: the room is not noisy at night at all, despite being above a restaurant. And the location is really handy, easy walking distance from the city center. I really enjoyed my stay at Café Paradiso, and will definitely book there again the next time I'm able to visit Cork. Absolutely delightful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank petnoodle
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked to stay in a room and eat in the restaurant.
Quite simply the best room, best food and best service we have ever had.
Been vegetarian for 20 years and tried a few.
The room was lovely with fresh coffee, which we've never had before.
Fantastic place, please keep it up.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Cafe Paradiso is just brilliant. Staff were great in looking after us. The rooms are lovely - ours was at the back and is spacious and quiet with great toiletries provided. The room had milk and chocolates in a fridge and biscuits, chilli cashews and tea and coffee making facilities. There is an I-Pod doc and stereo and board games are provided.

Breakfast was amazing. Porrdige, granola and scambled eggs were all brilliant. Dinner, which we had twice was fab.

We left two very happy veggies. Cafe Paradiso is the best veggie place in the world, no contest. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Room Tip: The room at the back is darker but really quiet. The room at front is lighter, but right on the street and so noisier (there are pubs next door).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple