“Perfect Stay for Cork” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anam Cara B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Anam Cara B&B
Ranked #17 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Perfect Stay for Cork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This B&B is just perfect located, its near of all the interesting stuff to do in cork and with the spacious rooms good for a night in cork. We were treated very well and the room was nice, clean and had a nice bathroom. We slept very well and for breakfast you can go to the Café just beside of the B&B. The food was excellent and we can highly recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simsar21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at Anam Cara with a friend. We couldn't find the place at night and were completely lost. After we called Tim and Aideen, Tim came and picked us up around midnight! He was extremely nice about it. What service! They were very helpful and put us first. Anam Cara had the best full Irish breakfast I had eaten throughout my trip, I tried quite a few. Tim and Aideen also helped us plan our trip for the next couple days and gave us advice about what to do and were to go within our time frame. They really made a positive impact on our first impression of Ireland and I am grateful for their help and support. This B&B is in a great location, just a short walk from shops, bars, nightclubs, etc. It was a bit pricey for a B&B, but worth it. I would stay here again. Wonderful people!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Xville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Our hostes Aideen was delightful and engaging, and most helpful with tips on where to go and where to eat. Most places are a very short (5min) walk into town. Breakfast was just fine. Tip: best to choose one of the rooms away from the street if traffic noise disturbs you. Recommended. Steve (NZ).

• Stayed July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend were in Cork for one night only in May 2012, and stayed in Anam Cara.

Anam Cara was beautiful, on the banks of the Lee, and the owners, Aideen and Tim, gave us a very warm welcome. We were given a choice of breakfast or brunch in the morning, and both of us chose the full Irish - lovely food and nice coffee too.

Room was large, spacious, bright and very clean.

Keep up the good work Aideen and Tim. Beimid ar ais arís chugaibh go luath le cúnamh Dé!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here in June with my partner. We arrived around 7pm and were warmly welcomed, and very promptly shown to our room which was great. I couldn't believe the size of the room when we opened the door, the interior of the house is deceivingly large! Our room was massive, with a very nice ensuite, it has one of the best showers I've experienced in a long while in a B&B. When we asked what time breakfast was, they said it started at 8am, and they will serve whenever it suited us to get up! We headed down at 10am and were given the option of the breakfast or brunch menu. What a choice! We both went for the full irish, delicious, I was absolutely stuffed after! It is a 2 minute walk to UCC, and about a 10 minute walk to the city centre depending on how fast you walk! We had our car, which was securely parked at the carpark behind the house. The number 5 and 8 bus also stop just across from the B&B, which come from either the train station or the city centre. This has been a wonderful stay, I find it difficult to fault anything, I wish we stayed a second night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne R
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at Anam Cara while visiting our daughter, who was attending UCC. This is a great location within easy walking distance to the college as well as downtown, right on the busline. Aideen and Tim are very friendly hosts. She even made us a breakfast to take with us on our early morning tour! The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay with them again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DARLENEM2
Clarence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked 3 nights at Anam Cara to visit my daughter, who was finishing a semester at University College Cork. I was unexpectedly solo, due to my travel partner's sudden illness, and on my first trip to Cork. The city bus dropped me directly in front of Anam Cara, I rang the bell, and the door opened to a heavenly smell of bread baking and soup simmering. Within minutes, Owner Aideen Cronin set freshly brewed coffee with steamed milk in front of me, and showed me to my bright, clean, well-appointed room. The bed was wonderful, the pillows luxurious, and the shower strong and hot. So far, so good! It was peacefully quiet, and I slept like a rock. But, the best was yet to come - breakfast at the attached Serendipity Cafe, which Aideen and husband Tim opened last October. A wide range of delicious preparations, from the Full Irish Breakfast to hand-poured pancakes with maple syrup were served from 8:00 - 11:00 am. But it's okay to sleep in at Anam Cara! Guests of the B&B can choose from the entire brunch menu if they prefer; selections such as French Toast with warm berry compote and freshly whipped cream, Eggs Benedict or Florentine, Poached Salmon... all are prepared fresh to order up until 5:00 pm. And yes, your entire meal is included in the price of your room, along with juices, coffee, cappuccino, expresso. Tim and Aideen could not have been more helpful, and the two girls assisting them in the Cafe were friendly, cheerful, and a great source of information on Cork and its surroundings. Afternoon scones became an instant habit, along with a daily visit with Patch, the Cronin's King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, who waited patiently outside the doors for a pat and a scratch. I can't say enough about Anam Cara. I would never stay anywhere else within 50 miles of Cork, and I absolutely cannot wait to go back! This one's a real gem, Folks. Treat yourself!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo