“Just Brilliant”

Ranked #37 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Hastings, New Zealand
“Just Brilliant”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Irish have a reputation for warm and welcoming hospitality and I was not disappointed. I was escorted to my apartment which was really good value for money. Clean and quiet.. It was also really close to town (about a 5-10 minute walk) and buses (the 208) leave right outside and drop you off across the road. Because I'd made a mistake with my booking, the owner went out of her way to help me find an alternative (as all of her accommodations were booked out) and even let me keep my luggage there while I went up town and had a coffee and mucked around. I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KirstenKateM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

appts. booked by group of friends, 2x2 bedrooms appts and 2x1 bedroom appts, All appt lovely and modern, though hot water was a bit unpredictable. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. BIG COMPLAINT.... the 2 x2 bedroom appts. turned out to be an upstairs double en-suite room with 2 single beds downstairs or sofa bed. The only access for all 4 guests was through the upstairs bedroom which was open plan!!!! No privacy and though we are all good friends in each of theses appts were 1 couple and 2 seperate sex friends. When we complained about this we were told that they gave us these particular appts because they were nicer than the 2 bedroom ones we were supposed to get. We were offered a move but as we were just on our way out for the day and only had another day of our trip to spend we declined the swap. We were however refunded an amount off our original price with a lot of haggling. I would reccomend this to single travellers or couples not wishing to share but check your getting what you've paid for if booking a 2 bedroomed appt. No matter how good your friends are you don't want to traipse through their bedroom to the toilet al all times of the day or night!!!!!!

Room Tip: make sure when you arrive that your getting a 2 bedroomed appt if that's what you've booked...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank gillian b
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have rented the apartments on a number of occassions.
The location is excellent.
The accomodation is really clean, comfortable and very inviting.
So much so that I have returned on many occasions and would really recommend it.
The staff are very attentive and it really is a well run business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 16, 2012

It can be difficult to get B&B accommodation in the city with parking so this is a good option if you need to park. However the parking is mostly at the back of Killarney House so there might be a short walk. The place itself is using the word "apartment" in its broadest sense: these are really Victorian converted flats. However they are in very good condition and well maintained.

The only small gripes I would have was that it could have been a little more clean and the door on the freezer was broken which rendered the entire fridge useless (I suspect this building was original rented out to longer term tenants, which explains the poor quality of the fridge) as the temperature was unstable. Otherwise it was fine, quiet and convenient for the city. The free wifi was a boon as many Cork hotels now charge high prices for this, but you will get slightly more luxurious places for only a little more.

Room Tip: Let them know if you don't want a room facing the main road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lff12
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I had booked a studio apartment and were delighted to be offered the large two-floor apartment on arrival. The receptionist was very friendly and said they were nearly full but he was offering us the big apartment. We were delighted with the upgrade - the sitting room, kitchen and upstairs bedroom were of an excellent standard and definitely four-star finish. This is the best accommodation we have ever experienced, even better than five-star hotels in Dublin! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here as we have a young baby so wanted self catering accommodation which was close to the city centre

The apartment itself was clean & comfortable. Only issue being the shower which had very low pressure & was very hard to fix to an appropriate temperature. We did inform staff about this but nothing was done. It has a central enough location - about a five minute walk to the city centre which is all a straight road so easy to navigate.

Checkout from the apartment was at 12, we believed it to be 1 so had gone to grab lunch before our homeward journey. Upon our return the cleaners had cleared our room of the few items left (mainly items to feed baby before setting off) & these were in black bin bags at the door. My husband asked was that everything, this was confirmed so he cleared them & we fed baby in the car. Arriving home I was very upset to find an expensive leather jacket which was hanging over one of the chairs in the apartment was not in our possession. When we phoned, the receptionist told us nothing had been handed in but he would get the manager to phone us back in morning. No phone call was received. My husband phoned again & the manager said her staff hadnt handed anything in … We asked if she could speak with them. She said she would get back to us. NO PHONE CALL. My husband phoned again & informed her that the police would have to be informed.

I would have recommended this apartment because its location was handy & the facilities were overall good but I would never recommend anyone stay anywhere where management would not at least investigate such an incident

DISGUSTED!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank laura a
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here for a week and it was a pleasure! The lady who checked us in is very friendly and she gave us tea and cookies every day (and some very niece apple pie on arrival). Very friendly and welcoming. The apartment has a front room with everything you need. The bedroom and shower unit are to the back and are very (!) quiet. Slept very good! Mattress is good..and the place is clean. Within walking distance to the city center and UCC. Will I come back next year.....for sure. Extremely friendly people! Thank you for a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: I had apartment 4-4...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business