“Superb service”

Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #51 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Superb service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed for only 1 night and did not use the breakfast.
This is a basic B&B, but the price match the value, and the superb service made the deal great for me.

Pros:
- great service: Aidan was absolutely welcoming and offered special care beyond what you would normally expect from hotel/B&B staff:
1. transferred my luggage from a nearby place (so I did not need to bother about it or to carry it).
2. upgraded my room free of charge, because he had a better room spare on that night.
3. offered me a free ride to the bus station (which saved me time and money for a taxi)
- free WiFi

Cons:
- Wifi signal on 3rd floor was too weak for my iPod Touch
- Location is a bit up hill with stairs (but as mentioned above, they helped me with the luggage so that was not any problem)
- bed quality was not the best, but this is common for low cost B&B

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elodTlv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sixmilebridge, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed her on many occasion , and would highly recommend it to anyone .
When i first arrived the owner Mary really made me feel welcome and special.
She always made sure that i was ok for everything, and even told me the best places in the city to visit !
The peace and quiet there was a nice change from other places i have stayed in .
My room was more than ample in size and i had facilities for tea and coffee , although Mary would always offer which was really nice .
Also its only like a stones throw from the city center which was great.
Overall staying there felt more like a " home away from home " than a weekend break.
The owner is one of the warmest , genuine people i have met and i have stayed in B&B's up and down the country.
If ever i plan a trip to Cork i dont even need to consider any other accommodation , i would advise anyone thinking the same to check the place out !!!

David T

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank david t
Dublin
Reviewed October 20, 2012

On arrival I was left waiting outside the bed and breakfast in the rain until the old lady finally opened the door. I was so cold from getting wet all i wanted to do was get to my room have a wash and relax in the warmth of the room but what lay ahead was a dirty room with mold all over the bathroom, no heating the whole day and night which resulted in me catching a cold and having my weekend ruined. There wasn't even a kettle in the room like i was told there would be. The dirt of the place would make anyone sick. As for the "full Irish breakfast" Noone there to make it on the table was left sour mike and cereal. Was charged 40euro I think this old woman needs to throw in the towel. Disappointed is an understatement!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Sean R

Travelers are raving about these Cork hotels

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

No facilities for making tea or coffee available, either in room of in public rooms
One shower towel between two people
No glasses in bathroom or in room
No heating
One pillow per person
Breakfast adequate only with little choice of cereals - no offer of brown or white toast
Mould around base of shower tray
No chair in room

Room Tip: ld not recommend Traffic noise at the front of the house
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nick H
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed ere about two weeks ago, with my buddy mary is such a lovely pleasant lady she does a fantastic job her customer service skills were great, she always asked me was everythin ok! The plce is a great location! Overall it was a brill stay :-)....denise

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank deniseIrish
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here this year. We were welcomed by Mary who informed us our room was not ready. She tried to charge us more than the price we had agreed to over the phone. When we got to our room or cell it was manky dirty, smelly and cold the whole night through.The breakfast was a joke im sure she microwaved it. The only plus was that it is close to the city and train station. MY ADVICE STAY AWAY.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank donna c
ardhouse, Owner at Ardara House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
In response to Donna - Check in time is at 4pm and rooms are always ready by that time. We would always stay with price agreed beforehand. The comments regarding the room are simply not true. Also, the breakfast is freshly cooked each morning. I find this review insulting and highly questionable. Mary.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Myself and my wife are street performers, we visited Cork for the street performance championships in July...what a classic city cork is. I'd really recommend the english market and the outdoor shops on macurtain street...oh and the park in Fitzgerald, which is very near the Mardyke.

Anyway, our stay at Ardara was very pleasant, had wide views over most of the city. Aidan and Mary showed us some nice places to eat and also helped with our luggage when we had to get to Dublin on the train. Would highly recommend, really great value too compared to some other places we looked at. Also, try Spice Route and the Berries Fruit and Ham shop on the nearby Macurtain St. Tastyyyy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ardhouse, Manager at Ardara House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank You for the kind review, it was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you again!!