“Best lunch in Cork”
Review of Scoozi! Restaurant

Scoozi! Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Valencia, Spain
“Best lunch in Cork”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Their dishes are so yummy, I always get Caesar salad and simple things + coffee for lunch and everything is just delicious. The atmosphere's great to make you feel comfortable and enjoy the place with good company. Not very fast service though, it's usually quite crowded but I've seen the waiters always try their best. I'd highly recommend it for having lunch on weekends, good location in the city.

• Visited August 2013

Cork, Ireland
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Scoozies quite a few times but this is my first TA review.
I've had breakfast, lunch & dinner here and all 3 menus are great & the quality of food fantastic. I love that they use so many local suppliers.

My most recent visit was last Friday after an evening of shopping with my 10yr old son (he loves it here). Given how busy the city was we only had about a 15 minute wait during which we were given menus, this meant we were able to give our order immediately once seated.

The staff are extremely friendly & attentive, especially towards children. The kids meal is almost the same price as a Happy Meal in McDonalds by the way!

If it's your first visit you have to sample the famous salsa wings!

My son always has the pizza, my faves are Salsa Wings, Chicken Salad or if I'm there for lunch The New Yorker is a must! The Garlic Bread is also fab!

As a child my dad used to bring me to a well known Cork restaurant that was run amazingly, the manager of that restaurant has been running Scoozies for at least 15yrs I reckon. It's a great place with a fantastic variety of food

• Visited December 2013
Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor experience.. not what it says.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

my boyfriend and I decided to go for lunch in scoozies as we were in the city.. when we arrived we were greeted by a friendly manager.. we sat down and were given the menu. it was busy and looked like they were under staffed..as my boyfriend is a coeliac(gluten free) we did ask about the menu and options.. on the menu in BIG BOLD righting it state's the waffels are gluten free which my b/f ordered and again double checked they were gluten free!!!.. about an hr later my b/f was extremely sick he was not at all well. and this only comes from eating food that is not coeliac friendly. so I think if a menu and manager states gluten free then they should make sure every effort is made to guarantee this and not make people sick..not very happy about this runed our day completely

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank katiedeady
“Going from favourite place to bland”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

How disappointing. Scoozis is our treat as a couple but lately the quality has really dropped. Starters of 2 garlic mushrooms were nice. Mushrooms are getting smaller only complaint not enough garlic mayo. Side salad accompaniment was delish. 1 mains of Empire Burger with chips and 1 vegetarian lasange with chips. What was once lovely thick home style chips have been replaced by gaudy awful frozen ones that were all crispy and hard. Garlic bread for lasange never appeared despite being told it's on it's way twice. Between both mains half a bottle of salt was used to cover the blandness and we laughed how as a couple 13 sachets of ketchup was used. burger was supposed to come with a fried egg on it that never appeared either and maybe it should be pointed out that baby corn is not the only veg to be put into a veg lasange or maybe that's all they had. (Remember when this had proper bowls of condiments and not sachets)This place has really declined to the point where we shall not be returning. How disappointing that the nicest place in cork has gone down the frozen chips and cheap sachets route. First time we've ever left scoozis hungry. Told the waitress that it was disappoining and untouched plates proved it to be told that the "chefs" only cook at day time. So who cooks past 6 then??
Never again..

1 Thank Princesscamel
Mallow, Ireland
“very busy food not the greatest”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very busy, did not mind waiting. Food was only ok. Menu ok if you like pizza and burgers. Nice dessets

Visited October 2013