“Consistently excellent”

Neighborhood: Mardyke
Cork, Ireland
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Delicious imaginative food and lovely staff every time I visit. I've never had a bad meal in Cafe Paradiso it's always perfect. Lunch is fantastic value.

Dublin, Ireland
“We didn't miss the meat!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We travelled from Dublin to eat and stay at Cafe Paradiso last weekend. My sister and husband from France and my brother and his girlfriend also joined us. We had been here once before and stayed over so we knew what to expect and it didn't disappoint . The food is fantastic and visually so inviting. We all tried different dishes so we could taste each others. There are two bedrooms upstairs and we and the french couple stayed over. Great to be able to fall upstairs full and very happy. By the way the bedrooms are so tastefully decorated and breakfast was left in the room as a hamper - so delicious. Looking forward to heading down again for another treat.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Valr62_16
County Kerry, Ireland
“Lovely!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went here for my birthday meal. I am a vegetarian, was there with a non-vegetarian.

We both really enjoyed our food. Was brilliant! Will be going back for sure. My boyfriend who's a bit of a carnivore was very surprised at how much he enjoyed his meal.

The pre-theatre menu is great value. And the portion sizes are perfect. Hate it when portions are too big as I can never finish them!

Only reason I didn't give it full marks was the staff. Most of the waitresses (ours included) looked very bored and like they didn't want to be there. They were not very friendly. Could have been a bit more personable! I worked in the hospitality industry for years and I know it can be stressful, but I would expect more from a restaurant like this..

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best veggie restaurant in British Isles!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The title is a quote from a Guardian columnist and is well-deserved. We ate here over 9 years ago (holidayed outside Cork so that we could eat here!). We had a 3-course lunch on 3 separate occasions during the week. Blown away doesn't begin to explain how we felt. Living in London, we've been to many veggie restaurants, but Cafe Paradiso beats them all. Nine years later, I treated my husband to dinner, B&B for his birthday. Would it be an anti-climax? NO!!! Dinner: perfect, service: spot-on, room: fab, breakfast: 5-star. My husband has an annoyingly refined palate and only raves about food if it is top-notch. He didn't want each dish to end. I'm now going to treat my mum to dinner, B&B here. The breakfast is to die for.

• Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Im not a vegitarian but I absolutley loved this restaurant! The food here is incredible, the service was fantastic. The only critical thing I can say is that the tables and chairs may need updating but thats a small matter!