“Food to die 4”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mardyke
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Cafe paradiso really understands how to put flavours and textures together to create food to die for. You are eating vegetable tempura that is crunchy with fresh vegetables, then other flavours such as aniseed start coming through, and this is the fun, guessing all the tastes on one plate. The restaurant is small, great service, very pleasant, good buzz but no hurry, probably just do one sitting. Ok it is Not cheap, but it is well worth the money, we will go back

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Best vegeterian restaurant i've been to. Very good services. The food was beautiful. Would definetely go back. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is vegetarian fine dining at its best. We opted for the pre 7 o'clock €29/ 3 course menu and were delighted with the flavours and quality of the food. The carrot, almond and feta terrine was fantastic. The portion sizes were reasonable so we had room for dessert. Our waiter offered me a taste of two wines to help me choose (there are plenty of wines by the glass). The only caveat was that the restaurant was quite loud when we were there, 6:30pm on a Thursday but understandably it is a popular spot.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I bought Denis Cotter's book, "For the love of food" a year or so ago and I was so delighted with it. The man thinks about food the way I do, but with an inspiration that I can only aspire to, and writes beautifully, from the heart.
I was beside myself when my wife took me to Ireland especially to dine (twice!) at Cafe Paradiso.
We were welcomed warmly and the staff were genuine and attentive. The decor is dark but chic and - a real plus - the chairs are comfortable!
The kitchen was on top form and our meals were outstandingly good.
The portions are generous enough that we could manage only two courses on the second visit. You will not leave hungry.
They have a great wine list too and have flexible serving so you can try different wines - great idea.
I cannot give a higher recommendation than this - you must eat there.
Did I forget to mention that it is vegetarian? No matter, they admit carnivores too and I don't think they would be disappointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place is a lovely, high-end Vegan restaurant. I went here two weeks ago with my parents, while on vacation. The black bean soup was superb. The other items were all very good quality.