“Veggie paradise!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mardyke
“Veggie paradise!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went there by myself on a beautiful sunny evening -no problem booking a table for one. Front patio area open letting in sun from the street light airy atmosphere perfect with a cold glass of prosecco. Menu great -not having to ask was there a meat stock in this or gelatine in that. Star of the show definitely chocolate and olive oil mousse with cherries and chilli. Friendly attentive staff, great food and atmosphere hope to return soon.

• Visited June 2013

Cork
“Not just great vegetarian food, just great food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The experience of Cafe Paradiso improves with every visit.The menu is imaginative and so well put together. I have to say that the meal we had here a few weeks ago was one of the best I have ever had. The quality of the produce is of a very high standard and the each course was more beautiful than the last. I had the haloumi starter and my partner had the sheeps cheese, both were excellent. For my main I had the stuffed artichoke and my partner had the aubergine stack, I couldn't fault them. We were so stuffed that we shared the chocolate silk cake, which was so good have been thinking about ever since. We had a bottle of the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, which complimented the food nicely. The staff were friendly and efficient, the food was amazing, I can't wait to go back.

2 Thank Maryboots
CORK
“Veggies”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

best veggie restaurant around, a real veggie restaurant with fancy food! not just cus cus and some salad leaves, this is fine dining done the vegetarian way

Cork
“Lovely summer lunch”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We (two) shared three sides, one starter, and two desserts. Sides were the classic Paradiso big potato fries, with garlic aioli/mayonnaise, seakale nicely al dente with tomato, orange and nutmeg flavouring, ciabatta with a delicious cannellini-bean & parsley dip; starter was beetroot salad with diffrent leaves, pecans scattered, and delicious blue cheese. We had a glass each of an excellent NZ Sauv Blanc, then homemade vanilla-pod ice-cream with an espresso poured over and great chewy cookies, and a cardamom custard with fresh young poached rhubarb and a latte. Service timely, pleasant, friendly and highly professional. Could not ask for a better meal: €49 altogether. An exceptional experience!

Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful, tasty food”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've visited this restaurant a few times over the past 1-2 years, and the experience has always been good. The food is beautiful with lots of flavours and textures, and the wines we have tried there have always been excellent. Never had any problems with the service, and I am quite baffled why some reviewers have described Cafe Paradiso as "pretentious". The only reason why I don't give 5 stars is the price - a la carte is quite expensive.