“I would give a miss”

Harveys
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Smart, stylish restaurant with food & wine to match. Modern eclectic menu, using organic, local & artisan produce where possible.Open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

There are a number of places to eat in this area of the city and the lunch menu is not very extensive. The food simply isn't great quality .. The service s friendly enough but I simply wouldn't go there again.

5  Thank Wiced
Harveys20, Owner at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

When you are going to write a review about a restaurant experience on trip advisor I would suggest that rather than just generalising about the food (Poor Quality) and (Limited Menu) that you specify exactly when you visited and what you ate or didn’t eat. Were you on your own? And did you have companions - how was their food.

Nothing along these lines has been brought to our attention and we are at the restaurant morning, noon and night - seven days a week.

The menu you say is limited at Lunch Time.
Without being too long winded the lunch menu does consists of -

Six Starters
Three choices of freshly made to order sandwiches
Three types of main course salads
Two types of hot pasta dishes
An Eight Ounce Burger with a choice of Three Accompaniments
Hot Main courses – Thai Curry, Cottage Pie, Fresh Haddock, Cork Yellow Fish, Spanish Omelette, Beef Stroganoff, Lasagne, Spanish Lamb,
Venison Sausages, Fishcakes & Scampi but to name a few

Then there’s the Weekly Specials.

Pork in a Cider, Cream & Whole Grain Mustard Sauce, Creamy Mash
Spiced Beef Open Sandwich with Red Cabbage & Apple Slaw
Crab, Asparagus & Parmesan Tart
Rabbit & Pancetta with Fiorelli Pasta

We also have a delicious selection of Desserts.

You have generalised that the food is of poor quality.

We source our Fresh Ingredients from the English Market and Local Suppliers which Speaks Volumes.

But - Thank you for allowing me the opportunity of highlighting my lunch options on trip advisor. Free Advertising is hard to come by these days.

There are newer reviews for Harveys

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I dined here with my fiancé for breakfast recently. We arrived at about 10.20 am and ordered breakfast- nothing complicated just a full Irish and bacon and eggs. We waited 25 minutes for our food to be served. It turned out the chef was late for work.

No one bothered to tell us this, only that we saw the chef coming in and telling the waiter she got caught up!! My fiance's bacon and eggs consisted of scrambled eggs and ONE rasher- the waiter asked him if he would like a second and obviously he said yes as one is barely a child's portion. My 2 fried eggs were raw, and I don't mean runny yolks, the white was uncooked and I couldn't eat it. I was afraid I would be sick from eating raw eggs. I asked for white toast, and honestly it was completely stale bread, not at all what one one expect.

The coffee was bitter and had zero creme.The tap water served to us was actually warm, all they had to do was leave the tap run for a few seconds!!!!All in all we felt ripped off. In addition, the waiter was wearing flip flops which to me is not in keeping with health and safety.....I can safely say I will never return to this establishment.

6  Thank Fangdoc
Harveys20, Owner at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Both of us would like to let you know – Husband and Wife or in your eyes Chef & Waiter that we are both rather disturbed by your review. This is the sort of review that really gets up my nose as it is spiteful, untruthful, fabricated and judging by its tone you took great pleasure in writing it and patted yourself on your own back for doing so.

The market was unable to deliver the bread on that Monday morning which is where I was collecting it. I was held up due to a long queue. I Apologise.

Now back to breakfast.

It is apparent to me that you don’t even remember what you ordered. I’ll tell you.

Fiancé – Scrambled eggs no toast, rasher. No mention of two until the waiter brought it to your table.

Yourself – Vegetarian Breakfast with Fried eggs, brown toast – not a full Irish in sight and not even on the menu. We do a Small, Medium or Large for Carnivores.

All eggs are served soft and you didn’t request at the time of ordering over easy, sunny side up or even well done. We do like to check tables five minutes into serving of the food that everything is satisfactory and that you have everything you require as this was the case. The eggs were not returned to the kitchen to be cooked further and the plates were empty when cleared from your table.

I’m going to keep this short.

The thing that actually makes me SICK about this review are the remarks you made about my HUSBANDS flip flops. He wears SANDLES and any FOOL can see that he is DISABLED and that these help him to be able to walk. You must be really proud of yourself – Health & Safety
my A _ _ _

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Really nice food, love the chicken goujons, can be a bit expensive for what you get!
Outside seating with heaters and clean toilets

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I left a review before re:not a great atmosphere/welcoming environment. Since then I have noticed great changes.Management very friendly and accommodating. New waiting staff that could not be friendlier and nicer.A lot of people have commented on these changes and it has made a huge difference. Super!

1  Thank mollycaterpillar_21
Reviewed March 23, 2013

3 of us ate here last night & had really delicious food. I had the rabbit pasta which was superb - I would recommend it! The house wine was excellent and the service was attentive and friendly. We will certainly be eating here again.

1  Thank Bec S