“Staying with a sister and her busy family”

and 1 more site!
La Cita Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Poorly ventilated small room (3mX3.5?), small bed for two, made for a claustrophobic and sleepless experience on an unusually hot few days here. Breakfasts were simple Irish family fare and Siobhan is truly a lovely person and hostess but seems spread thin. I felt on the lower end of her long list of duties (which is appropriate) but would rather have a bit more pampering and attention to details while on holiday. Seeing other high ratings, I understand that if you want a stay with your awesome sister’s busy family you’ll overlook some details and love it here, but that just wasn’t us, I’m afraid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
siobhancambridgeuk, Owner at La Cita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your feed back as we value all visitors to our home.
Sorry that you didn't have such a great experience as to our previous visitors to our home and family.
We are a family run bed and breakfast as stated on our web site ,and we take great pride in our home and our family.
Sorry that the room wasn't a sufficient size for you.
Warm Regards
Siobhan

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The owner of La Cita, Siobhan O'Leary, was the perfect host. My wife and I had actually booked another hotel in Cork, but after an hour of driving around on the narrow streets looking for it, we gave up. I was exhausted and quite frustrated when we happened to come upon the La Cita by mere luck. Out of sheer desperation, I rang the doorbell and waited. Mr. O'Leary answered the door and I asked if he had a room. He must have noticed I was desperate, called for his wife, and from that point on, Siobhan literally took my wife and me under her wing. We stayed at the La Cita for two nights and never once felt like we were in a B&B --- it seemed as if we were home. Siobhan was incredible to us; she helped shape the remainder of our trip to Ireland which, as a result, turned out to be increasingly better than we ever imagined. The room was cozy, fresh, and very comfortable. Breakfast both days: outstanding. We were in Ireland for two weeks...without any doubt the La Cita rose to the top as the best B&B we stayed in during our Ireland journey. Thank you Siobhan! Sincerely, Doug & Allison Wilson, Denver, Colorado / USA

Room Tip: Any room just as great as the other.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas W
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family (4 adults) and I stayed at La Cita on our second night in Ireland. This was our first B&B experience and Siobhan couldn't have made it more inviting! Greeting us at the door, she jumped right into conversation and was genuinely interested in our travels thus far. She is upbeat, talkative, and forward; she made great suggestions, not only for Cork and Blarney, but for all of Ireland as well. [We were on a week long driving tour].
The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable and we had plenty of privacy, even though our room was on the first floor. We were only here for one quick night, but everything was great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyndsay T
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I could not find a better bed and breakfast anywhere. Siobhan O'Leary (the owner) treated us more like family than guests. We stayed at La Cita for a week in the end of April. The bedroom was more than adequate and for this senior, it was a pleasure to find a step in shower instead of a tub with high ridges. The full Irish breakfast was something I still dream about. La Cita gets my 5 star, excellent rating.

I can highly recommend this facility to anyone who wants to vacation in Blarney and Cork. The Blarney Castle is just a few minutes drive from La Cita. And the Blarney Woolen Mills is nothing short of spectacular. Also, the historical city of Cork is just a short drive away.

Room Tip: Our floor bedroom had a door that opened up onto the back patio.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 30, 2013

So I will try to keep this review simple.

The Good:
1.) Siobhan the owner is absolutely doing what God designed her for- hospitality. She is great. Of all the places we stayed this is the only one that felt like someone invited us into their home. She talked to us about everything from politics, to family, to where we should go and what we should eat. If for no other reason than her- we would stay here again.
2.) The house is very nice and comfortable.
3.) Shower is nice.
4.) Bed & sheets are warm, cozy and very comfortable.
5.) Decor is updated and modern.
6.) The location is perfect- not in the city of Cork but within a couple kilometers. But right down the street from Blarney.

The okay:
1.) The room was small. while very nice and with an outdoor area, the room was hard to maneuver around in because it was small.
2.) The bed was small. Now, to be far it was the same size we had at every other B&B. But we Americans can be spoiled with our California kings so a queen is close.
3.) Breakfast was just okay. The full irish didn't have beans, the puddings or the mushrooms. Eggs were always a little off.

The Bad:
1.) NOTHING was bad.

Room Tip: Don't select a downstairs room. Ask for something upstairs since downstairs is smaller and close...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misty H
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a 10 day self drive tour around Ireland in May 2013. Of the 10 nights, 5 were spent in B&B's. La Cita was our 2nd B&B and since the only thing we had for comparison were the other B&B's, La Cita came up lacking. The host and her kids were very friendly and personable and provided good tips for tourism in the area. The room we stayed in was for 3 people because when I booked it, that was the only room available. It didn't say on the website we'd be charged extra for a 3rd person, even though there was no 3rd person, and we WERE charged extra that we had to pay in Euros before we left. That made no sense because there was no extra effort on the part of the host, no extra food was served, no extra towels, nothing. They got additional money for nothing. The beds were not made up during the day and we only received 2 towels, that were also not changed out. The shower worked well, good pressure and nice and hot, but the sink was very low. I had to bend far over just to brush my teeth and the shelf directly above the sink jutted out over the sink and was situated in such a way that I kept bumping my head on it when leaning over to use the sink. Also, the light over the sink didn't work. The B&B was quite noisy from the other guests and doors continually slammed. I guess I expected something a little more professional. If you like staying in more of a family home type accomodation, La Cita might be for you. Like I said, of the 3 B&B's we stayed in, this one was last on the list.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W H
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My best friend and I took a 10 day trip (1600km) around Ireland and we stayed in 7 different B&B's. The La Cita Bed & Breakfast was the best one by far. The room was large and the beds were so very comfortable. It was very quiet and I hadn't slept that good in days. The Owner/host, Siobhan, made it the BEST B&B in all of Ireland. She was so kind and lovely and utterly accomidating. We had left over food from one of the awesome restaurant at the Blarney Castle and she warmed it up for us. She also gave us great suggestions on where to go due to what our interests were.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs. Quiet and large.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends