“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
La Cita Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013

So I will try to keep this review simple.

The Good:
1.) Siobhan the owner is absolutely doing what God designed her for- hospitality. She is great. Of all the places we stayed this is the only one that felt like someone invited us into their home. She talked to us about everything from politics, to family, to where we should go and what we should eat. If for no other reason than her- we would stay here again.
2.) The house is very nice and comfortable.
3.) Shower is nice.
4.) Bed & sheets are warm, cozy and very comfortable.
5.) Decor is updated and modern.
6.) The location is perfect- not in the city of Cork but within a couple kilometers. But right down the street from Blarney.

The okay:
1.) The room was small. while very nice and with an outdoor area, the room was hard to maneuver around in because it was small.
2.) The bed was small. Now, to be far it was the same size we had at every other B&B. But we Americans can be spoiled with our California kings so a queen is close.
3.) Breakfast was just okay. The full irish didn't have beans, the puddings or the mushrooms. Eggs were always a little off.

The Bad:
1.) NOTHING was bad.

Room Tip: Don't select a downstairs room. Ask for something upstairs since downstairs is smaller and close...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misty H
There are newer reviews for La Cita Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a 10 day self drive tour around Ireland in May 2013. Of the 10 nights, 5 were spent in B&B's. La Cita was our 2nd B&B and since the only thing we had for comparison were the other B&B's, La Cita came up lacking. The host and her kids were very friendly and personable and provided good tips for tourism in the area. The room we stayed in was for 3 people because when I booked it, that was the only room available. It didn't say on the website we'd be charged extra for a 3rd person, even though there was no 3rd person, and we WERE charged extra that we had to pay in Euros before we left. That made no sense because there was no extra effort on the part of the host, no extra food was served, no extra towels, nothing. They got additional money for nothing. The beds were not made up during the day and we only received 2 towels, that were also not changed out. The shower worked well, good pressure and nice and hot, but the sink was very low. I had to bend far over just to brush my teeth and the shelf directly above the sink jutted out over the sink and was situated in such a way that I kept bumping my head on it when leaning over to use the sink. Also, the light over the sink didn't work. The B&B was quite noisy from the other guests and doors continually slammed. I guess I expected something a little more professional. If you like staying in more of a family home type accomodation, La Cita might be for you. Like I said, of the 3 B&B's we stayed in, this one was last on the list.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W H
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My best friend and I took a 10 day trip (1600km) around Ireland and we stayed in 7 different B&B's. The La Cita Bed & Breakfast was the best one by far. The room was large and the beds were so very comfortable. It was very quiet and I hadn't slept that good in days. The Owner/host, Siobhan, made it the BEST B&B in all of Ireland. She was so kind and lovely and utterly accomidating. We had left over food from one of the awesome restaurant at the Blarney Castle and she warmed it up for us. She also gave us great suggestions on where to go due to what our interests were.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs. Quiet and large.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my first ever, and first of two stays at a B&B during my trip to Ireland. The owner/host was incredibly friendly and helpful. She made us feel right at home and gave great suggestions on where to go for the evening. She arranged for a car service to pick us up and take us into cork city, then we arranged a pickup for the return trip. Only 20 euro round trip. She also convinced us to go to Blarney Castle, which we were not planning on, but it was so close, it was silly not to. We were very happy for that suggestion. The room was small, and cozy. There was little to no noise, and we had a ton of blankets. The bathroom/ shower were very small, but were en suite. Freshly made hot breakfast was excellent. My third night in Ireland at La Cita, was the best sleep I had on the entire vacation, including stays at a four star hotel, and a five star castle. Only thing missing for me was a "common room" to socialize outside of the bedroom.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Thank you, so much for the lovely stay i had at your b&b, i was made feel so welcome by my host siobhan and thought my room was just beautiful, loved the overall atmosphere in the b&b and the cleanliness was fantastic. I will certainly be staying with u again, thank you so much for a lovely and friendly stay. :-)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 1,253,213
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a room which was so small, that we practically couldn't walk around and there was hardly any space for our luggage. The really small bathroom was overloaded with knickknackery and decoration, so we had to make way for our toiletries. It was so small, you couldn't towel yourself off. The drain of the shower was blocked so that we almost flooded the floor. The room was clean but really clairaudient. Most of the time we heard the dog barking or the host screaming at her three children and in the night the other guests talking or watching TV.
The breakfast in the morning was the worst breakfast we had during the whole trip in Ireland. The breakfast-room was really dark, there was a wall directly in front of the only window. The table were dirty as well as the dishes, the cutlery and the napkins. The host was really unfriendly and we felt like being a nuisance to her. We got dry toast, packaged jam, butter with crumbs and really flavourless porridge. Originally we had planned to stay there longer, but after all these experiences we decided to leave immediately after breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stina78
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The house is very tastefully furnished, the entrance hall is beautiful and the owner is very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a family room which was quite large as we were only two of us.
The problem was in bathroom where there was nowhere to put our cosmetics bags etc. The bathroom was large, however, without any shelfs. It wasn't a major problem but it is something which is not expensive to buy and service would be complete. The double bed was not large so if you are bigger size ask before. And what a bit disturbed my eyes was the fact that our room was a bit poorly furnished than the rest of the house which was really beautiful. It just somehow didn't fit together. But I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple