“Lovely owner and room”

and 1 more site!
La Cita Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my first ever, and first of two stays at a B&B during my trip to Ireland. The owner/host was incredibly friendly and helpful. She made us feel right at home and gave great suggestions on where to go for the evening. She arranged for a car service to pick us up and take us into cork city, then we arranged a pickup for the return trip. Only 20 euro round trip. She also convinced us to go to Blarney Castle, which we were not planning on, but it was so close, it was silly not to. We were very happy for that suggestion. The room was small, and cozy. There was little to no noise, and we had a ton of blankets. The bathroom/ shower were very small, but were en suite. Freshly made hot breakfast was excellent. My third night in Ireland at La Cita, was the best sleep I had on the entire vacation, including stays at a four star hotel, and a five star castle. Only thing missing for me was a "common room" to socialize outside of the bedroom.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Cita Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Thank you, so much for the lovely stay i had at your b&b, i was made feel so welcome by my host siobhan and thought my room was just beautiful, loved the overall atmosphere in the b&b and the cleanliness was fantastic. I will certainly be staying with u again, thank you so much for a lovely and friendly stay. :-)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 1,253,213
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a room which was so small, that we practically couldn't walk around and there was hardly any space for our luggage. The really small bathroom was overloaded with knickknackery and decoration, so we had to make way for our toiletries. It was so small, you couldn't towel yourself off. The drain of the shower was blocked so that we almost flooded the floor. The room was clean but really clairaudient. Most of the time we heard the dog barking or the host screaming at her three children and in the night the other guests talking or watching TV.
The breakfast in the morning was the worst breakfast we had during the whole trip in Ireland. The breakfast-room was really dark, there was a wall directly in front of the only window. The table were dirty as well as the dishes, the cutlery and the napkins. The host was really unfriendly and we felt like being a nuisance to her. We got dry toast, packaged jam, butter with crumbs and really flavourless porridge. Originally we had planned to stay there longer, but after all these experiences we decided to leave immediately after breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stina78
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The house is very tastefully furnished, the entrance hall is beautiful and the owner is very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a family room which was quite large as we were only two of us.
The problem was in bathroom where there was nowhere to put our cosmetics bags etc. The bathroom was large, however, without any shelfs. It wasn't a major problem but it is something which is not expensive to buy and service would be complete. The double bed was not large so if you are bigger size ask before. And what a bit disturbed my eyes was the fact that our room was a bit poorly furnished than the rest of the house which was really beautiful. It just somehow didn't fit together. But I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a wonderful six-night stay here in August. We used La Cita as a "home base" and took several day trips from there. It was really nice to not have to pack up our suitcases every morning to head to the next B&B on our trip to southern Ireland. The location is perfect, right off the highway (but we never heard traffic noise) and easy to get on the bus to head into Cork's City Centre.

Siobhan was a great hostess, full of suggestions and recommendations. We had our trip well-booked in advance, but we realized not all travelers were as on top of it as we were. We watched Siobhan make dozens of phone calls for other guests, to try to book them rooms elsewhere during peak season. She was truly a gem! Lots of options for breakfast, ask and you shall receive- she's very flexible with picky eaters like myself.

Overall this place was a great value and we had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The first night there was a heavy-footed family in the room above us, that kept us up fairly late...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was my first time to visit Cork, coming all the way from Monaghan, I found this B&B on the website and i have to say I was highly impressed with this B&B, we where made feel very welcome from Siobhan and her staff they where very friendly and helpful in giving directions and information on things to do and see while visiting Cork.We where provided with clean towels every day which i have never had at any other B&B and ive stayed in alot in Ireland food was great and very fresh, the tastiest Irish breakfast ever!!!.I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I do not know what could have possibly possessed the previous traveler to write a bad review of La Cita. Honestly, I have never stayed in a more awesome bed and breakfast, not only in Ireland, but ANYWHERE. And I have stayed in many through the years. The accommodations are absolutely top-notch. Absolutely gorgeous home, the most loving and welcoming family anywhere, breakfasts are out of this world fantastic, accommodations, towels, beddings, EVERYTHING is not only beautiful and clean, but sooooooo comfortable too. Siobhan and her family go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, valued and special. I promise you, if you have the chance to visit Ireland, La Cita is a MUST. You will not be disappointed. You will, though, wonder, WHAT IN THE WORLD was the person thinking who wrote such a terrible review. They obviously are not in touch with the real world. My mom and I stayed at La Cita for a week last March, and I loved it so much, that when I returned to Ireland with some friends in May, we, again, stayed at La Cita. They were so impressed with La Cita, they they recommended it to more friends who were visiting Ireland later in the year, and they too, stayed there. AND LOVED IT. It is truly THE BEST OF THE BEST. That is a PROMISE.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family