“Ann and Edmond made our trip worthwile!!”
Review of Glenmaroon House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blarney
Glenmaroon House
Ranked #9 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Ann and Edmond made our trip worthwile!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

During our two week trip to Ireland we stayed at a total of seven B&B's and the Fogarty's were among our favorite hosts! They were very warm as soon as we arrived. They were the perfect balance of helpful and conversational, at the same time making sure our relaxation was top priority. My father decided that he would stay at the B&B on our day trip to Cork and they were very gracious to let him stay in the living area, watch the British Open, and serve his lunch we had bought for him. We fell in love with the small village of Blarney, largely due to the hospitality at Glenmaroon House!!

Room Tip: Our room and bathroom were very large. Ask if the bedroom upstairs, furthest back left corner of th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Charming, comfortable, and clean! Ann and Ed were very gracious and friendly and had great suggestions for things to see and do. There were four of us and we split 2 rooms amongst us. Thus the value was excellent. Breakfast was delicious. I would recommend to anybody

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenna T
Lisbon, Maine
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Glenmaroon was one of the best B&B's we stayed in on our first trip to Ireland!! It should be rated 4 star for its elegance and charm!! Lovely hostess who was kind and helpful as well as a good cook!! I would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Ireland!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I'd highly recommend Glenmaroon to anyone staying in Blarney. I'd also recommend you stay more than 1 day if possible! This is such a comfortable B&B you won't want to leave! Ann and Ed were so nice from the moment we arrived to the minute we left. Ed even carried all of our luggage upstairs for us, including 3 large (and EXTREMELY heavy) suitcases. But they know how to make their guests feel right at home. Ann immediately showed us around and made us tea and coffee to sip on. She suggested a great place for dinner and live music. And when we asked about calling a taxi to take us to the restaurant Ann said she would be more than happy to run us into town so we wouldn't have to pay for a cab. Granted this B&B is only about a 2-3 drive from the town square, but it was still a very nice gesture! My friends and I slept great that night in the comfy beds, and the bathroom was spacious. And if you are a dog lover like me then one of the highlights of this B&B will be their adorable little Tobey. If he had fit in my suitcase I would have taken him home with me! All in all, I will be going back to Ireland one of these days, hopefully sooner rather than later, and you can bet Glenmaroon will be one of my stops!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Gracious hostess, beautiful, peacefull view, minutes from Blarney Castle. Fellow Canadians stay here - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We drove around the town of Blarney and the outskirts and even drove into Cork but didn't really come across anything that struck our fancy until we happened upon Glenmaroon House. We drove up and asked if they had a room for the night. We had a nice room and the bathroom was pretty big! Biggest one we have seen our whole trip around Ireland. We were met with kindness and a cup of tea with a side of biscuits. We had a nice chat. It was lovely! They had a nice big sunroom off the house that was very comfy and a nice place to relax. The breakfast was good. The fruit was really fresh at least it seemed to me. The only complaint we could have made was that there was a hair in the food, but it's not a restaurant, things happen. Plus we don't really know how it got there since the hair color matched noone there lol. It wasn't really a big deal to us though but just to mention to explain the rating. It wasn't enough to discourage us from staying there again if we were ever back in town. Also, they have a cute little dog who greets everyone too. Very friendly, and for those allergic, I am too, but I had no problems whatsoever. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Erie, PA
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Ann & Ed were gracious hosts to us for our 2 nite stay. Rooms were large, showers were hot, food was very good. The B&B sits in a quiet area away from town.

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank sjp241
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel
Blarney Castle Hotel
Blarney Castle Hotel
#1 of 7 in Blarney
Cork Airport Hotel
The White House Bed & Breakfast
Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ashcroft Bed & Breakfast

Been to Glenmaroon House? Share your experiences!