“Lovely Hotel for a family break” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
Midlands
“Lovely Hotel for a family break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights back in April in a family room. I was worried it would be a squash as we have 3 kids age 6, 3 and 1 but the room was very spacious and we all fit in with plenty of space left over for the kids to play around in.
The staff were extremely helpful whenever we needed assistance.
We ate in the restaurant both nights and it was lovely. Breakfast was fine, plenty for all. The only time the service dropped slightly was the waiting time in the bar I had asked for some bread and butter for one of the kids and was waiting about 20 minutes but that was all I could complain about which is nothing really.
We were too busy to check out the facilities such as kids club and playground but we are heading back there this weekend to stay in one of the Lodges for 3 nights this time so I'm hoping it'll be as good as I remember, and if so I'll post another review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ciara O, thank you for taking the time to submit such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. All the rooms at the resort are renowned for being extra large and I am glad you found this sufficient for your family. I do hope on your next visit that you avail of the complimentary kids club and facilities. Once again I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you for providing me with such positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Blarney Hotel and Golf Resort in the near future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
County Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner arrived here on a saturday night... We found reception and were greeted with a trainee receptionist we both found quite rude no explination as to where the bar was or restauraunt or even breakfast the next morning! (which was included) we arrived to our room and we were very happy with the room no complaints there.. We then decided to go down for dinner at roughly 8pm got to bar and it was packed no tables and if there was they were filthy with plates! So we said we would have a drink greeted by a guy so grumpy couldnt believe it i asked could we get bar food he replied we could have it at the bar i said i would wait for a table.. He didnt even offer a menu to look at... After 15 mins still no better so said i would chance the restauraunt... Was met by the manager of the restauraunt who couldnt of been more helpful she was a star there tables were full so said she would come get us when one free... Went back to bar and had to wait 15 minutes for a drink as the guy behind the bar was to busy fiddling with paper! they were so understaffed i couldnt belive it! I mean i have worked in bars for 10 years and ive never seen anything like it!! Eventually went to dinner we ordered of set menu it was beautiful joy our server was just a pleasure she looked after us and made sure we were well looked after! Went back to the bar where yet again this young woman was bombing about the place throwing things behind the bar where we were sitting and trying to listen to music in the end we just got up and left and went back to our room!! Was shocking! We went to leave the next morning i went put bags in the car and my partner paid she was not asked did we enjoy our stay! We will deffo not be returning i was so put off..

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katherinelisa
Dear Katherinelisa,

Thank you for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at Blarney Golf Resort. I apologise for your experience you encountered in the bar on Saturday night. We pride ourselves in our high standard of service and unfortunately on this occasion we did not met your expectations. Rest assured I have spoken to all associate on duty on the night to ensure your experience remains an isolated incident. However I am glad you found our Inniscarra Restaurant an enjoyable experience.

Galway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I found this hotel totally by chance. The hotel staff however leave nothing to chance. I have enjoyed each of my weekly stays over the last few months. Front of house staff are exceptional and go out of their way to ensure that your requests are met - Follow through has been exceptional - par excellence.

Hotel has great amenities and dining room offers a varied selection of good and wines with friendly staff.

this hotel offers good value for money with exceptional staff.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back have better view of countryside.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ann M, thank you for submitting such a lovely review regarding your stay at Blarney Golf Resort. I am delighted that you found our associates friendly in particular the Front Of House staff. I have passed your positive feedback to the Reception Manager. I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Blarney Golf Resort in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family just got back this afternoon from a week`s holiday in the lodges that was much better than anticipated. Due to the negative reviews I had read prior to going I had even considered cancelling the trip and wasn`t sure what to expect. Nothing to worry about, we had two big bright en suite bedrooms with loads of storage space and even a safe, normally we pay extra for this facility. The kitchen was bigger than my own at home and I was pleased to see we had a washing machine and dishwasher, I hadn`t expected either. There were ample dishes and cooking utensils and everything was very clean, I could nit pick about very petty details but it would be stupid when nothing effected the quality of our stay. My son used the gym and pool quite often and I enjoyed the steam room and Jacuzzi for relaxing after a day out sightseeing. My one real issue would be the length of time we waited to have our order taken in Cormac`s bar on the night we arrived, the waitress gave us menus then left. After about fifteen minutes my husband had to go to the bar and ask for our order to be taken, it was not that busy either. After that we ate out. All in all I would recommend this lovely place for family holidays and don`t understand how our experience was so different from the really awful ones others appear to have had. Look at the bigger picture and read how many people did enjoy their stay, if you do have a problem go and report it as the staff are attentive and polite. So glad we didn`t cancel.

1 Thank hotcurry2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such a lovely review regarding your recent stay at Blarney Golf Resort. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the lodges met and exceeded your expectations. I take your comments on board regarding the slow service in the bar and overall I am delighted the positive aspects of your stay outweighted the negative and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Blarney Golf Resort in the near future.

Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely weeks stay at the Lodges at Blarney Golf Resort. We (myself and two teenage girls) stayed in lodge 318 which was like a home away from home. The lodge was clean and very comfortable with everything you might need. The rooms were lovely (laid out like hotel rooms) the beds very comfortable and I loved the balcony off my huge double room overlooking the golf course. Both bedrooms had a tv and were en-suite we had an issue with the tv in the girls room but as soon as I phoned reception someone was with us and the problem was solved within 15 mins. The staff both reception and cleaning were very helpful and friendly and overall I could not fault our stay. We used the swimming pool daily and it was great to have that facility as the irish weather is not always the best. We ate in the hotel a few times and the food and service was excellent (the sunday eat as much as you want buffet is well worth it). I read a few reviews on here which were not great and can only say that we had a great time and really did not want to leave!

2 Thank Anita R
Dear Anita R, than you for your lovely review regarding your stay at Blarney Hotel and Golf Resort. Our self catering lodges are ideal for families as they consist of two ensuite bedrooms, a sitting room and a kitchen. I am delighted to hear you found the staff friendly in particular the reception team. Our Sunday “All you can eat” buffet for €14.95 per adult excellent value and I am pleased you found this to be the case. I look forward to welcoming you back to Blarney Hotel and Golf Resort in the near future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked through Supervalu getaway breaks summer sale. We were apprehensive before we arrived after reading negative reviews. Were pleasantly surprised with our whole stay experience. Staff were v helpful. Room was spacious. We had a room with a balcony which was a nice surprise. Plenty of room for 2 adults, 3 yr old and baby. Kids club was a big hit with our daughter. Only negatives were pool temp was on the cool side and staff were slow to service rooms daily. On one day it was 4.30 before accommodation staff arrived to service room and we had just returned after being out all day!
Overall a very pleasant stay.
Overall though a very pleasant

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I saw the advertisment in the star newpaper last wednesday for 2 adults & 2 kids for 2 nights inc breakfast & dinner for us all for a great price of €259 called Summer Dreaming.... As it was coming up to the August Bank Holiday weekend I was doubtful either they would have a vacancy or the deal would be accepted on this weekend. However when I spoke to the lady in reservations she confirmed that yes I could have a Lodge & the deal was accepted. We arrived on Saturday and from the point of check in to to point of departure i have not got one bad comment to make on this great hotel... The staff were absolutley lovely and the food was amazing. Our deal included a three course meal each. The hotel is spotless clean and very modern. Our lodge was so comfy and homely and we could have easily stayed for a week. We went to kerry in May and I only wish we had have discovered this hotel then... The pool was excellent and very clean and the little touches were great as in cotton wool pads and face cleanser etc... Bags were provided for your wet clothes too.... Playground was great and go karts... one small thing was the kids club could have been better organised. There were children in the bar and if a staff member had have announced the kids club was on and maybe get them interested to go etc...I did go in to the room the kids club was on but the girl was sitting there on her own waiting on kids to come, where if she maybe done face painting a few balloons etc we would have had a little peace to relax in the bar...... but we defo will be back as we have already booked it.... keep up the good work...

Room Tip: The lodges are really great for families......
Dear Glenda N,

Thank you for your review regarding Blarney Hotel and Golf Resort. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular you found the staff lovely and food of excellent standard. The resort is a family friendly resort and I am pleased you found this to be the case. I have passed your feedback regarding the kids club to the employees and we take your suggestions on board. I am delighted you have already pre booked your next stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Conor O Toole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,282 reviews

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!