“A delightful place for a meal!”
Review of Lantern House

Lantern House
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Blarney
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were absolutely delighted we decided to go to this restaurant, despite being advised to go elsewhere on someone else's advice! We visited the restaurant early in the afternoon to have a look around before deciding to book, and were very pleasantly surprised when we walked inside the door. This is a small, cosy restaurant with a takeaway facility (which was non-stop all evening). We'd booked a table for 6.30 and whilst it was quiet when we arrived, throngs of people soon followed. Not surprised really with the quality of the food, and the great prices. We were greeted warmly and as soon as we were seated, prawn crackers and water were brought to the table. I was charmed with the gorgeous silk placemats on the table. They do a terrific menu, whether you are opting for the Early Bird or the A La Carte. Early Bird consisted of a starter, main, then either tea/coffee or ice cream. We opted for Spring Rolls and Chicken & Sweet Corn soup for starters, mains of Prawn Curry and Beef with Black Bean Sauce. The portions were extremely generous and I had that many prawns in my curry, I didn't think I'd be able for them all! We had a glass of house red each and ice cream to finish. This is a spotlessly clean, absolutely charming little place to eat. For the two Early Birds and two glasses of house red it was €41. Service was top class and we were served by different staff during the evening, all of them pleasant and friendly. This is excellent value and we would highly recommend this restaurant to visitors to Blarney. A word of advice, don’t always listen to people who tell you not to go to a particular restaurant. Try it out for yourself and see. On this occasion it was a winner for us.

5  Thank DubTwosome

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I visit Blarney 2-3 times a year and we normally visit this restaurant once per visit. We are both big fans of Chinese cuisine and this place never disappoints.

The main room is small and cosy, a pleasant place to spend an evening.

The food is the main plus point here though. The mixed started is lovely and the satay main id really tasty. The Thai parts of the menu are poor, but this is a chinese restaraunt so what do you expect. The whole menu is good value, and i would recommend dinner here is you are in Blarney.

3  Thank jgryffudd
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food was great, staff were lovely, warm atmosphere. what more can you say! Everyone at the table had fantastic food! Really nice. will defiantly be coming back again!!

3  Thank Ciara L
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am fortunate to have this great little restaurant right on my doorstep. I've got take out, and eaten in here with friends. None of us were disappointed no matter what we ordered. The staff are very nice here and always extremely welcome.

Crispy duck thai style with Fried Rice is my favorite dish here but, truth be told, I could give top marks to all dishes.

Great restaurant and the best Chinese restaurant in Blarney. If you're hungry in Blarney then eat here.

2  Thank RobertScully
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i live locally and have too say this is one off the best chinese food around. restaurant is small and cosy and the price is great love to goo there and also to pick up take away. its simply the best reastaurant and the busiest in blarney. staff is great, service excellent...just make sure u book table if going friday or saturday as its very busy.

3  Thank lady2003