“Great spot in Blarney”

Ranked #6 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Cambridge, VT
“Great spot in Blarney”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Norman was a great host. The room was clean, quiet and had great wifi for our 15-year old. We only stayed one night, so we really did not get a chance to visit with Val. Norman was entertaining and had great tips about where to go for some fun nightlife. A short downhill walk to the village. Also, he knows all the cab drivers, so just hopping in a cab all I had to say was "We're staying with Norman."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Clamdigger1962

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here the week of July 31st and the family room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was the best we had the entire week we were in Ireland. Norm and Val are great hosts. There isn't a common area, but there is a grassy area out front where kids can play catch if you are traveling with younger children. Very good location to explore the Cork area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 971debstt
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently vacationed in Ireland and had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast. I was vacationing with my mom and my sister and a friend of the family, it was our first trip abroad and we were a little leary of making specific plans. We wanted to be able to take in all that things that we wanted without being rushed so we did not make reservations. We simple went from town to town at our leisure with a book of bed and breakfast. We ended this particular day at Blarney Castle and called the gentleman came to meet us so that we did not get lost and then assisted up with unloading our bags. The house is beautiful decorated and with very modern rustic feel. The family is very friendly and full of wonderful knowledge and recommendations for travelers such as ourselves. The breakfast was also absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 850worldtraveler24
Riverside, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I'd had a bad day and I was traveling alone. Valerie was sympathetic and thoughtful. She directed me where to find a good dinner and told me how to find the castle. The beds there are orthopedic and I slept wonderfully. Breakfast was hot and more than I could have hoped for. The Dawes helped me out with my luggage and stood out front waving as I drove away. I recommend staying a couple of nights here if you want to unwind and really see the area.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Donna D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Can't say enough about this place. Norman and his wife are welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast is top notch: features a menu (unreal options), homemade scones and jam, a cereal bar and fresh fruit. The quality is outstanding! Best breakfast in Ireland thus far.

Thank you for our fantastic stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YasmineKTO
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Beechwood is a nice comfy and friendly B&B, a short drive from the Castle. The double room with en-suite was clean and welcoming, complete with tea/coffee. Breakfast was plentiful and very good. We would be happy to stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret C
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I found the room small with no desk - adequate for me as I was travelling alone. The bath/toilet was also very small.

The website says a 10 minute stroll from Blarney ...... would need to be going much quicker than strolling! ....and certainly not a 2 minute drive from Blarney Castle as another reviewer stated. However still close enough to Blarney that the location is fine (and yes you can walk but allow yourself 20 minutes.

The breakfast was plentiful and well cooked - I had the Irish breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato). There was also home made scones and brown bread plus a selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, toast etc)

Room Tip: Given other reviewers have said their room was spacious ask for a larger room.