Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $58.10
from $614.70
from $335.80
6,434 results
All reviews poison garden beautiful grounds rock close poisonous plants narrow stairs long line afraid of heights wishing steps bucket list worth the climb tour buses worth the trip take your time stone queue ireland caves
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The castle and grounds are very well maintained and make for a nice visit. It is very busy though with tours etc. and may be a bit over commercialised/touristy for some.But you can't really expect to have it to yourself!
Drinks/ice creams etc. are marked up, so can add up if there are a few of you. It would be a nice place to visit, come prepared and bring a picnic.
My touring companions (3 males/2 teenagers!) just wanted to get in, kiss the stone, do a whistlestop tour and get out. You could pass a good few hours here with a young family and they would enjoy the different walks, poison garden etc.
The castle itself is very impressive, great views, photo opportunities.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had not visited Blarney Castle for over 60 years and was reluctant to bring my visitor there. But she was keen to see it and kiss the Blarney stone so I went. What a change has taken place in the intervening time.! More visitors than I ever managed and a much more professional approach than when I last saw it. Climbing the steps of the castle behind a few hundred people is not my idea of pleasure but that is what it takes to get to the famous Blarney Stone.! My friend kissed it and we proceeded to get a snack and a walk in the extensive grounds. As Blarney House was open for visitors we decided to do the tour. Wow, it is a real, live, lived in house and has both history and beauty and a wonderful guide. Even though it is lived in we saw all the house with just small exceptions; we even saw all the bedrooms. The furnishings and the stair case are beyond description. Just go see it. !

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I think the only time to visit this attraction is in the off-season. The crowds around the castle were almost too much. The circular staricases to the top were jammed with people and the Blarney Stone was over commercialized. I made a quick trip to the top to take some pictures and spent the rest of the time exploring the beautiful gardens and doing some looking in the shops. Avoid the high season!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited with my BF recently and we were really surprised how much we enjoyed the day.
The castle and grounds are outstanding, and really well maintained.

The climb to the top of the castle can be scary, but will be worth the climb.
The poison garden is really interesting and there are excellent walks around the castle. Great photos!

Also dog friendly :) as I saw many owners enjoying the grounds with their pooches.
I live in Cork city, and cannot believe it has taken me so long to discover this place.

A visit to the Blarney Woolen Mills is a nice extra to your day out too.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

visited part of bus .tour had not enough time.there are 3 different walks only had time to do rock close [childrens adventure area] blarney castle 120 steps to the top was very busy .woodland looked good 1.30 minutes walk had not enough time to do this walk the poison garden is close to castle and worth a visit