Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $58.10
from $138.20
from $272.90
6,436 results
All reviews poison garden beautiful grounds rock close poisonous plants narrow stairs long line afraid of heights wishing steps bucket list worth the climb tour buses worth the trip take your time stone queue ireland caves
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I think the only time to visit this attraction is in the off-season. The crowds around the castle were almost too much. The circular staricases to the top were jammed with people and the Blarney Stone was over commercialized. I made a quick trip to the top to take some pictures and spent the rest of the time exploring the beautiful gardens and doing some looking in the shops. Avoid the high season!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited with my BF recently and we were really surprised how much we enjoyed the day.
The castle and grounds are outstanding, and really well maintained.

The climb to the top of the castle can be scary, but will be worth the climb.
The poison garden is really interesting and there are excellent walks around the castle. Great photos!

Also dog friendly :) as I saw many owners enjoying the grounds with their pooches.
I live in Cork city, and cannot believe it has taken me so long to discover this place.

A visit to the Blarney Woolen Mills is a nice extra to your day out too.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

visited part of bus .tour had not enough time.there are 3 different walks only had time to do rock close [childrens adventure area] blarney castle 120 steps to the top was very busy .woodland looked good 1.30 minutes walk had not enough time to do this walk the poison garden is close to castle and worth a visit

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I explored the castle and cave for about an hour and a half. We stuck to the castle and the caves, and didn't go into the little town.

The castle itself is empty except the original stonework and placards in each room that describe what would have been there in its heyday. It was fun to imagine all the floors rugs and furniture that would have filled the spaces. You have free reign over the castle, there was not a set way up and down until you get to the very top. This was unique, and unlike most tourist locations in America. There are two narrow staircases with steep steps, so if you have trouble with stairs you will likely need someone to help you up.

There was a line of about 5 people when we went to kiss the stone (in early June mid afternoon), so we didn't have to wait long. I am afraid of heights but it was not scary and a pleasant experience (except it leaves a dirt taste on your mouth).

For the adventurous you can explore the little dungeon at the front of the castle. A door leads up a few steps to a very narrow and low ceiling passage, which goes about 50' back.

Overall a great afternoon stop and I would recommend it to everyone as a must see.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This park is gorgeous. There are several walking paths to choose from. The Poison Garden was my favorite area-lots of poisonous plants with descriptions of how they work and how they were used in history. There are also some beautiful waterfalls and other scenic areas, some through forested areas and others through large open spaces (great for a picnic). The castle itself is nice and slightly interesting, and there was only a tiny wait to kiss the stone, so I did. I wouldn't get too excited about this part of the visit though. It's really cheesy.
We were there at about 10 AM on a Sunday morning and spent a total of about 2 hours in the park and castle. Get there early to avoid a long line for the stone (or just skip that part).
Rick Steve's Ireland book basically says to skip this attraction, but I'm glad that we went to walk around the beautiful park.