“Great shopping experience”

Blarney Woollen Mills
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Blarney
More attraction details
Owner description: What was once a small souvenir shop in a thatched cottage on wheels is now the largest Irish store in the World. Located in the small village of Blarney which is famous for the Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills now occupies a space of 60,000 square ft and is a key feature of the renowned Irish village.
Germantown, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great shopping experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Blarney Woolen Mills is a multi story store just outside the grounds of Blarney Castle. The store is laid out very well with each different floor providing a different type of merchandise. My daughter and I shopped and my husband was able to sit in comfortable chairs on each floor. This is somewhat of a one-stop shop for all things Irish, but not cheesy (although there was a section of that, as well). Everything here did not scream, "I just went to Ireland and brought this back". If you just wanted an enjoyable shopping experience, you could shop for anything from things for your house, to raincoats and socks. If you go to Blarney Castle, you should certainly take time to stop at Blarney Woolen Mills for a while. You will find something you want to take back home with you.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“Shoppers Paradise”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went to Blarney but did not want to go to the Blarney Stone so decided to have a look around the Woollen Mill Shop and Restaurant.It is much the same as any Woollen Mill Shop but the choice of Aran knitwear for men and women was amazing and while we thought the prices were high I spoke to a few tourists from various countries and they thought things were really good value. It is a lovely clean shop on three floors and the staff were most helpful. There is a restaurant on the premises which is very large and well presented with lovely clean toilets all on one level so good for disabled people. Outside there are picnic tables beside the river but it is a very busy car park and children really should be well supervised in that area. I have to say we went to the pub which is attached to the Mill and sat outside with a meal and a drink in the sunshine and it was excellent This is somewhere well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Palm Harbor, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Shopping was a delight at Blarney Woolen Mills”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a delightful shopping experience at Blarney Woolen Mills! The displays were beautiful, the prices reasonable, and the staff was helpful. They offer free shipping, which is wonderful; you don't have to keep track of your packages, or worry about having to pack them (with added weight) for the trip home.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bearbunch1
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“perfect shopping experience in Ireland!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was at Blarney woolen Mills for the first time in April of this year. Walked into the doors and thought I had died and gone to Heaven. Everything Irish....beautiful things and lovely staff with very reasonable prices. Shipped all my purchases home...shipping was free...and that was such a plus. Didn't have to try to carry and keep track of all my things for the remaining 10 days of my stay. Everything arrived at my home in a timely manner and was very professionally wrapped and packed. Perfect shopping experience and I will be sure to go back when I return to Ireland next year! Highly recommend shopping with them online, too. Ive made three orders since my return home in May and have had nothing but top notch service and complete satisfaction!

Visited April 2013
Arkansaw, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“They have it all!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great place to shop for Irish items. They had a little of everything. We loved the sales. We found some super bargains. We had to buy a duffle bag to get all the unique things home.

1 Thank 2rppelke