“Over priced”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Over priced”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very expensive for what you get. Our daughter got a baby bowl which was lovely & great value. Our meals were very tasty but not much on the plate & for what you get expensive in these times. Staff were polite but not very friendly. Would'nt eat there again.

Visited August 2012

cork
“very good”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Very good service , good food,good wine ,nice time.

• Visited May 2012
gismohoggie, Owner at The Old Mill, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
“Long wait for average food!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Me and my girlfriend wouldn't be fussy but we seen the place and it looked nice. Old mill is exactly what it feels like and it looks good! But that's where the positives both start and end! The menu wasn't too impressive, so much so that we ordered two burgers and chips and no starter. When I went to give back my menu, I realised that this sheet was actually my placemat. Felt like I was in eddie rockets! And after an hour of waiting around I wish I had been. The place wasn't overly busy but still noone came to apologise for the wait or see were we ok! We were just about to leave when the food arrived. When it did, it wasn't worth the wait, although at that stage, it could have been gold encrusted and not been worth it! It filled a hole but that's all, needless to say, we didn't have desert as we didn't have a room for the night! Wouldn't go back unless the tent was in the car!

Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great family run Irish Pub to enjoy a nice pint and superb food :)”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The Irish pub is an institution in rapid decline here in Ireland, so it's a very special treat to find a hidden treasure like The Old Mill Bar & Restaurant and to experience the warm welcome, refreshing pints and superb quality food at very affordable prices. The Old Mill is a local Irish Pub steeped in history and I would highly recommend exploring this pub gem for yourself and make sure to ask for the owner Tony when you get there... he could talk the hind legs off a donkey... :)

1 Thank anto37x