“So good, I went back twice”
Review of Meadow Bank B&B

Meadow Bank B&B
Ranked #14 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Carol was great (again). We arrived late Saturday night, after a long journey from Northern Ireland, with a pretty ill son. She was genuinely caring and concerned about my son's stomach illness, which by-the-way, dissipated the next day.

The B&B was one of the best ones I have stayed in, and it was conveniently located away from the bustling city noises. The breakfast was a typical Irish breakfast but was absolutely delicious. Carol also gave us coupons for discounts at the Blarney Mill, which certainly came in handy. All-in-all, it was a great experience and I will certainly stay there again, when in the area. Thanks, Carol - Nancy, George, Mike and Ju-Ju (Guelph, Ontario, Canada)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gwoodley
FTCIreland, Owner at Meadow Bank B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review. I hope to see you all again in the not too distant future.
Best wishes to you all. Regards, Carol Hallahan, Meadow Bank B&B. Blarney.

There are newer reviews for Meadow Bank B&B

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were headed out of the town of Blarney, and came upon this B & B at the top of the hill. The room was very clean and reasonable. We were able to park the car and walk back into town for dinner. Carol was very accommodating and the breakfast was very good. She also gave us very good directions out of town the next morning, as we were tending to lose our way alot in Ireland. I would recommend this home for anyone wanting a clean and reasonable place to stay. We enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed August 30, 2011

lovely welcome on arrival .carol our host could not have been more helpfull.she advised us on where to visit during our stay(4 nites).gave us bus and train timetables and was so pleasant and friendly, rooms were very clean good size power shower and very comfy bed.i have to follow a gluten free diet and she made me feel so at ease knowing she knew all about my dietary needs.i had to provide my own glutenfree bread but this is usually the case anywhere.location was perfect.within 10 mins walk of the village and blarney castle.we would certainly go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

After a lovely afternoon at Blarney Castle, we discovered this lovely B & B at the top of the hill above the town. Sooo close to the tow. Settled in and wandered down the hill for some dinner. The room was lovely, the breakfast was great and Carol was very helpful. On our return from a 4 week road trip, unpacked our cases and discovered we didn't have our professional Kissing the Blarney Stone photos and a couple of other gifts we had bought. I emailed the B & B only to discover that Carol had our package of goodies still. She had discovered our loss and had hopped into her car and went looking for us! Through email, Carol offered to post our goodies to us. MUCH appreciated Carol. When I hang my Irish xmas decoration up each year, we will think of Carol and our stay at her lovely B & B. THANKS heaps xx

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at Meadowbank last week and were absolutely delighted with the experience.
The house is beautiful, the rooms were more than well equipped, the bed was very comfortable and the room was warm.
Breakfast was most satisfying and plentyful - great selection and very well prepared and presented.
Our hosts Carol and Tom were the kindest and most helpful couple we have ever come accross in our travels - not afraid to go out of their way for us when we asked.
Definitely one of the very best experiences I have had in over 20 years of professional and leisurely travel. We will be back to stay again as soon as possible.

Room Tip: The room was very nice. Had everything we needed. We slept very well in a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here very spur of the moment a few weeks ago and were so glad we found this place! After deciding we didn't want to stay in Cork, we drove out towards Blarney later in the afternoon (on a bank holiday weekend) hoping we would find a good place, and we did! Carol was so welcoming and accomodating, and had the perfect room all ready for us. It was clean and beautiful with a good size shower and hair dryer in the room. It is a 5 minute walk to Blarney Castle (so you can beat the crowds in the morning!) and there is a really great pub right down the street with excellent food and nightly music. There's also a shopping area 5 minutes walk if shopping is your thing. Carol let us pick our time for breakfast and prepared a great Irish feast for us in the morning. We liked it so much we used it as our base and stayed an extra night! I would definately recommend it and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

With in walking distance of the Blarney Woolin Mills and Blarney Castle. All pubs are close by and a bus stop is near to take you into Cork for the day if you'd like. The location is excellent.
Our room was nice and breakfast was good and filling. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank minmay7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel
Flemings
#17 of 60 in Cork

Been to Meadow Bank B&B? Share your experiences!