“What a lovely day!”
Review of Leahys Open Farm

Leahys Open Farm
Ranked #2 of 54 Fun & Games in County Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family run business. We provide a fun day out for all the family. We have digger rides, petting/feeding times with the animals, adventure trails, climbing frames, maze, go karts, museums, coffee shop and indoor play areas. We cater for birthday parties, school tours, communions, scout groups, company days out and holiday visitors. We are open each day for the summer from 11am to 6pm. The petting times at the farm are on each day at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Really loved Leahy's farm. Was not expecting the amount of activities and the time and effort that had clearly been put into planning and building up this farm over the years. Some really ingenious activities and unexpected surprises and delights around every corner. Would highly recommend to young families - you could easily spend an entire day here and enjoy it thoroughly... Very impressed and will return when we are around this area again...

CorkHappyFarmer, Manager at Leahys Open Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Hello, Thank you so much for that great review of our farm. We are delighted you had a great day with us and please do recommend us to friends and family. We look forward to meeting you and your family again soon.

There are newer reviews for Leahys Open Farm

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We drove 2hrs to get to this place and we were not disappointed. From the minute we landed until we left we had a great time. Lovely Staff especially in the Restaurant. The food in the Restaurant was fabulous couldn't fault it lovely and clean aswell. There is so much to do at Leahy's it is well worth a trip there's fun for everyone. The Digger driving went down a hit with our Boy he loved it. Plenty of parking. Everyplace was lovely and clean. Animals are well looked after. We will be calling again and I will be telling all my Family and Friends about Leahy's Open Farm. You are going a great job well done....

CorkHappyFarmer, Manager at Leahys Open Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hello, thank you for that lovely review, we do our best to ensure everyone has a great day out, we are delighted that after travelling 2 hrs to visit us, you were not disappointed. Please spread the word and we look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Leahy's Open Farm is a must to visit at least once a year, it is a great day out for all the family. There has been serious investment in the last year, especially now with its own Construction Zone and Digger Park, 4 fine JCB mini diggers and this year only €2 a go, all the Outdoor Go Karts are also new this year. The Barrel Train, there last year was great fun again for the kids. Well done to all involved superb improvements. The restaurant offers a good selection of food, we brought a picnic which we enjoyed outdoors, there are lots of picnic tables.

Hello, thank you for that lovely review of our farm and we are delighted you had a great day out with us recently. We have put a lot of time and effort into our farm. We are continuously looking for new and fun activities to include in our farm, improving it all the time.. Just recently, we added the new indoor play barn and we are starting to plan Christmas and its activities in the next few weeks. There is never a dull moment here. We hope to see you again at the farm and we look forward to fun times ahead..

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Previous people have said it all, this place blows Fota and it's rip off pricing and even Dublin zoo ( and I go there twice a year) outta the water. My wife, 2 boys, baby girl and myself had a blast, the place is huge so many 'activities' around let alone the farm part. Humphrey is cool! A couple of people mentioned the food, well it's consistent with the hot foods on offer in most other attractions and is more than adequate. I'd say they could have more commercial success if the gift shop was better stocked with more relevant items to farming/ animals etc but I say that as I'm a retailer lol.
Keep up the good work team / family. For me the best family attraction in Ireland. We were first in on the bank hol but we weren't the first to leave - and they even have my old school desks! Know how to make a guy feel old!!!
Cheers

Hello, thank you for your review of our farm, thanks also for the comparison to Fota and even Dublin zoo. We will try and stock more fun animals from our farm in our gift shop, you are right. Those old desks in the museum, I'm afraid we all feel a little bit older when we see those in comparison to how kids are thought in school these days. During Christmas, as part of our Santa's village, these desks are put to good use. Jingle the head elf from the North Pole gives a school lesson and everyone sits on the school desks and listens and interacts with Jingle. So there is your chance to come back and sit in for your lessons.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just back from Leahy's farm and what a day. The staff, the food, the whole experience is excellent. We paid on the way in and that was that not like other places where you have to pay for every little thing you do. It has to be one of the nicest and probably the only place I have been to where I felt the children were safe. The restaurant is clean and the food is lovely. It really is a trip back in time with the different musems they have there and all the lovely animals which looked really healthy and extremely well cared for. The owners are so friendly and in the farm cottage they had the fire burning and fresh scones baking on the fire, fabulous!! I got taking to the ladies in the cottage and tasted the beautiful bread and told them that I was having problems with my scones and they took the time to go through a receipe with me. I have never met such beautiful, traditional and good old fashioned warmth. You must see this place if you want a day out. Also indoor and outdoor area so the weather doesn't really matter.

Hello, thank you for that lovely review of our farm, we do try our best to provide a fun and exciting day out for all our visitors, we are delighted you enjoyed the museums and bastible baking, this is a lovely tradition of old Ireland which is hard to find these days. We hope you have had success with your own baking after chatting to Ann in the cottage. We look forward to seeing you again at our farm soon.