“Value for your Euro in Ennis...”

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Sydney
“Value for your Euro in Ennis...”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I booked for one night and then changed my booking to three nights. I did a walking tour if Ennis and found it a nice 15 minute walk to the centre of town. I recommend Barratt Tours who pick you up from here and take you to a wonderful day trip to The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher.
Breakfast is by far one of the best I have seen for the variety of food on offer, and I was pleased I included it in my stay.
I have been to numerous places in the world, and am always looking for value for my hard earned dollar. Found it here at Tracey's West County....you get more than what you pay for here. Friendly and helpful staff. This is a boomerang for me...I will return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank LadyNet
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear LadyNet

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking time out to post a review.

It is lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the breakfast!

I am glad that you got the chance to explore our lovely town as well as the beautiful County Clare.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Sarpsborg
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We was very satisfied at our stay at this hotel. The braekfast was good, the room was clean and nice. The personal took good care of you, we wanted to stay 1 night, but stayd 2. We (4 pers) can recommand this hotel.
Easy to take a daytrip and see the Cliff of Moher, and sevrals intresthing places.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eva Mette N
Dear Eva

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the breakfast to be good.

I am also happy that you made the most of our location and explored the beauty County Clare has to offer.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the weekend for one night.. Our room and bathroom looked as if the only cleaning done between us and the previous occupants was to change the bed!
The mirrors were all filthy and the TV was smeared liberally with finger-prints. There was dirty un-ironed and ripped netting hanging at the windows.The mugs on the tea-tray were filthy, with sticky tea-stains in the bottom.
The old-fashioned rundown bathroom which looked as if it hasn't had a refurb in many, many years was grotty.The bathroom door wouldn't stay closed as the ancient door-knob wouldn't 'catch', and the bolt on the inside consisted of just the housing, with no actual bolt!

We were woken at 7.00 am by a very loud humming noise from somewhere outside, but close to our room, which didn't shut down again until 8.30 am, so sleep was impossible!

Although we found all of the staff friendly, I agree with previous reviewers that there needs to be more staff on duty. We waited a long time in the busy bar for our food to arrive although when it finally came was nice.
The reception staff seem to be young and inexperienced. We asked for some small assistance which seemed to be an enormous task for them to deal with- when we paid our bill we were not asked how we had found our stay (perhaps for obvious reasons) and we weren't even given a receipt!

We paid a rate of €104 for one night room only. I work in the hospitality trade myself and would be appalled to think this was the best standard that I could offer people and then feel it was ok to take their hard-earned money. Why isn't the manager doing his job????
We will never stay in this filthy hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wotsmyname

Travelers are raving about these Ennis hotels

ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I arrived tired and cranky having driven from north mayo....the receptionist's were just so relaxed and friendly, i had no previous booking, took a chance on a room...did not look back :-). the staff were not only polite but were so helpful.....they seemed to be happy to help, not just an attitude of 'be nice to the customers'. the breakfast should be the go in all hotels.....'help yourself as many times as you like' to ALL kinds of breakfast foods, my brekky kept me going all day! The staff seemed to be happy with each other which makes a hell of a difference.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jessajack

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you received a warm welcome to our hotel and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We really value our customer service quite highly and our staff work quite hard at this.

Due to our location, just minutes from the motorway, we are aware that regularly our guests arrive to us after completely long journeys, with this in mind we aim to make each stay as easy and comfortable as possible. I am pleased that this was your experience.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here at the weekend with my partner for one night and was deeply dissapointed. We got a groupon deal so this included a meal and one night stay. The hotel badly needs a refurb and a few cleaners. The bed was clean but that was about it. The bathroom was grubby and old. Dirty Finger prints on all windows, walls and inside the elevator, carpets in need of a vaccum. Filthy locker rooms at swimming pool. I swim quite a bit with goggles and had to leave soon after I was in the pool as could see dirt on the pool floor which seemed to be food! biscuits and crisps! Gross! We had to complain twice after 11pm due to many children running up and down the corridors and banging doors. The food was nice and plentiful and the wait staff friendly but there were only 3 of them working on a very busy night in the restaurant. No one asked us did we want a drink. I asked for a wine list at one point and never got it! Needless to say I will never be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Heyitsmeliz
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently stayed in the West County Hotel (traceys) in Ennis Co Clare,we arrived on Tuesday 10th june for a 3 night 4 day stay and were able to check in early in the morning the girls on reception could not have been more helpful and that seemed to be the trend wit allthe staff for the remainder of the stay.Four of us go down every year for the Clare Golf Challenge and this was our second time to stay there.The meals were well prepared and a very good selection whether it be in the restaurant or the bar.
We alsopaid a visit to the leisure centre in the mornings to prepare ourselves for a grueling days golf.Definately a hotel I would recommend to anyone visiting Clare as it is also so central for all the wonderful sightseeing tours.
Regards
Dave Fitzgerald

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 651Pauline
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear 651Pauline

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, customer service is very important to us at Treacys West County.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed dining with us and made the most of our leisure centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is my third stay at the West County since April 2013. My room had been recently refurbished/redecorated. Excellent accommodations. The hotel staff are outstanding - always a friendly greeting and very accommodating. All have a terrific knowledge of the area, distances to travel to various sites, etc. Since my last visit in August 2013, the bar and restaurant have been renovated with new seating areas in the restaurant. Food in both is very good; the daily Irish breakfast outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear IrishBill422

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found or staff to be friendly and helpful.

It is also great to read that you made the most of our ideal location and explored the beauty Co Clare has to offer.

Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!