“nice stay with helpful host”

Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel sits a bit off the main part of Ennis but this is nice because it was quiet. The room itself was okay, bed comfortable, shower and towels good, room clean. Wifi is in a separate room with snacks and tea and coffee so no big deal and worked both times I used it. TV also nice size and in working order. The room is small but again comfortable and bathroom was nice size -- everything looks a bit dated so not fresh and new but okay. The walk to town was easy and Thomas and staff provided maps and guidance. Breakfast was good and their were lots of choices. Also there is parking but there is street parking as well. I had a pleasant stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a quaint little hotel in a most unusual location. The whole atmosphere is so welcoming. The dining breakfast area is really nice and the staff can't do enough for you. Now doing food during the day

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank glenoit
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is just a few minutes walk to the town centre and is in a reasonably quiet location. My room was nicely furnished with an extremely good comfortable bed and very nice bathroom.
There is a tea and coffee making facility in a separate room on the same floor with a fridge that guests can use at any time. I received a very warm welcome on arrival, and mentioned that I would be leaving early in the morning before breakfast. The Manager insisted in arranging for a small breakfast to be left in the tea room for me to access before I departed and also offered a complimentary drink at the bar on my arrival. I felt very comfortable staying there and the service offered.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed recently for just one night, but thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. Tom at the front desk was great, offering suggestions for the day. The breakfast was plentiful and good. Location was excellent, very nice walk into Ennis. The room we had was large, with beautiful linens and big towels. Would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my second time to visit the Ashford Court Boutique Hotel. In my opinion this is a wonderful hotel for a number of different reasons. The manager, waitress Lenka & all the staff are just so friendly, pleasant & extremely helpful in every way. The breakfast was very plentiful with a huge choice to suit everyones taste. The room was pleasant with a flatscreen tv, powerful hairdryer & a massive bed with comfy pillows. Bathroom is a good size with bath & overhead shower. The whole hotel is spotless. The bar has a good selection & the manager makes the best cappuccinos!! The location of the hotel is nothing less than perfect. Very central, so its great to park up at the hotel & just walk across the street to the town centre. I recommend this hotel highly & look forward to my next visit to the Ashford Court Boutique Hotel & to Ennis.

1  Thank DianneB153
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I knew that this was a small hotel because I read the reviews. Our room was about what I expected. Small with 2 single beds. We had originally planned to stay 1 night and had to add a night. That being said we were able to comfortably unpack and enjoyed a shower before going out to dinner. While my husband was showering I inquired about the MUCH LARGER room that I saw next door. Out of curiosity I asked the price and chatted with the lady at the desk about it. Upon returning to my room I got a knock on the door and was told to please take the bigger room for the same price. Imagine our surprise and delight.

We were sent to 2 really great restaurants and received some really great sightseeing information from the staff. I cannot say enough about the warm, friendly staff there. They really make the place. The hotel is located on the edge of Ennis. My brother and I (we were traveling together) and I enjoyed 2 nice walks along the river and in town. It was an easy walk to the center of Ennis.

I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: I would suggest spending an extra 20 or so Euros for a "triple" room. It was very spaciou...
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I feel bad for putting a bad review because the people were very nice and helpful but I need to be honest about the quality of the hotel. The pictures I had seen did not correspond to what we got. The room was very dark with dark furniture and we felt we couldn't breath. The bathroom was old.
Overall it is not our type of hotel...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Celine P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Old Ground Hotel
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Ashford Court Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!