Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$152
$141
Rowan Tree Hostel(Ennis)(Great Value!)
$63
$60
Agoda.com
$276
Agoda.com
All reviewsmanager ownersmall tvtown centreshort walkbed was very comfortablebuffet stylebreakfast was includedstaff were so helpfulshort staystayed one nightlovely hotelirelandpubsmohercliffs
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Really outstanding value for money. Very good breakfast. Very comfortable beds. Very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

We got such good value, we really shouldn't complain, but...
... no atmosphere. Emergency light in the middle of room 202 is way too bright and stays on all night. One would need to be a good sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask about the emergency light. It stays on all night in Room 202 and is exceedingly bright
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Like most of us when looking for somewhere to stay I check out the on-line reviews. Saw mixed reviews with respect to the Ashford Court but decided to take a chance based on the more positive than negative reviews and I was glad I did. Met the manager Tom who made us feel right at home. The room was spotless with a decent sized bathroom and large bed. I'd read that the room did not have tea/coffee making facilities so brought my own travel kettle. There is a tea room for guest where you can make you own tea etc. The breakfast was plentiful and of great quality. The highlight for us had to be the comfort of the bed and crisp white linen. We spend 2 nights in the hotel and had 2 great sleeps. Based on my experience at the Ashford Court the only thing I can say is that I will stay here again if back up the Ennis direction. Well done to Tom and the staff of this great little hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TipperaryTourist
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Thanks for such a warm welcome;you did a great job. The place is value for money and all that i was looking for. Room was comfortable and clean and the location for me was spot on. The management were are what hotel management should be about everywhere.

I look forward to staying there again.

All in all a jewel of a place!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like this place, it looked like it might be nice as I leafed through the badly taken photos on their website. And it's a boutique hotel, managed by the owner, how nice! A quick look on trip advisor and the reviews were mixed, still I thought I'd take a chance on it. I'm sadly regretting that now.
I had reason to be in Ennis for 1 night and needed somewhere to chill out for the night ahead of a busy days work. I checked in here and all seemed fine, a little harder to find than I'd imagined and parking was mish-mash but still, the gentleman on reception seemed nice. That's where it all stopped I'm afraid.
Assigned a room, I was given a story about how the tv had been nicked and was replaced by a little one with no remote, not a big issue but when I got to the room it hadn't even got channels never mind a remote. It wouldn't have been an issue except I was set to spend a bit of time relaxing in the room for the evening.
I was changed to a room with a working tv, kudos to the hotel for making the change.
On the way to the room I was told the elevator was being serviced and out of order, it looks like it's been that way for some time and looks like it's set to remain that way.
The room was horribly small, no proper heating, an electric heater mounted on the wall with an electric fan heater mounted on the bathroom wall. Barely enough room to squeeze around the bed which was badly made and looked old and tired. A horrific looking roman blind covered the window, barely blocking and light, no curtains existed at all.
Wifi doesn't exist despite the website promise that it does, and a complaint to reception fell on deaf ears as I was continually given the access key for the non existent wifi. Attempts to explain it's non existence to the owner fell on deaf ears also.
No ironing board, no tea/coffee facilities. No food served in the hotel except for breakfast. A strong smell in all the rooms and hallways doesn't help. Bluebottles in the window, one alive, one dead was the final straw.
Someone in this hotel needs to look up the definition of boutique, because this hotel is not boutique.
This is officially the worst hotel I've ever had the displeasure to stay at. It's a pity because it has potential but they really need to make some changed and fast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank AM0011
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were only in town for one night but the hotel is a great choice. It is within walking distance of the town. The room was spacious and comfortable. It was chilly when we arrived but quickly heated up once the radiator was turned on. The bed was very comfortable with lovely pillows, had a great night's sleep. Only negative points were that that was no hairdryer in the room (we could have asked at reception) and no waste baskets either in the room or the bathroom. Other than that the hotel owner and breakfast staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had problems accessing the WIFI but it turned out that the code supplied had an error in it, so check with staff to make sure.Breakfast was served until late and was very adquate, buffet style. We would recommend the hotel as a very comfortable, good value for money place to stay in Ennis

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple