“great hotel and staff to match”

Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October and from,arrival to departure it was a pleasure.
restaurant staff were very attentive and apologised when we were left waiting over a small mix up in the kitchen.
Breakfast was lovely as was dinner with plenty of choice on offer.
lots to do in Ennis which is a short taxi/drive away.( We tried Knoxs bar which was great and lively)
i stupidly left my charger in the room upon departure but Louise in reception rang me after a few days trying to track,it down and promptly posted it out to me.
Many thanks guys. Will,definitely be back,soon Dave

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davedarave00
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

we recently stayed here for two nights as part of a group and I only have nice things to say about this hotel. I have never met staff like them anywhere from the cheery good morning I got from the house keepers to the bar staff who were as friendly and chatty at 2am as they were at 2pm. The receptionists on arrival couldn't do enough for us and were so helpful. Breakfast was a mini feast with a large selection of juices, cereals, fruit with various yogurts before having a hot self service breakfast. Nothing was trouble to the restaurant staff, no matter what I asked for. The rooms are a little dated but the beds were very comfortable. I didn't have my children with me but I'd imagine if they were they would have been most welcome. The leisure centre was also lovely and spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in Clare/Ennis direction. The hotel might be three star but the staff were most definitely 5 star!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnneMD_12
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Auburn. I was really mpressed the staff were extremely friendly and helpful nothing was too much to ask for. The food was fab and so much of it a lot better than other higher rated hotels i 've been to. Not one person could fault the whole day. I would definetly reccomend this hotel as a future wedding venue.,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank donna g
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed there for one night during the Ennis trad festival.
The room was clean and quietish(as located to the back) - so not many late comers passed by our door - but nevertheless they managed to wake me up at 6 am - not too bad and you have this in every hotel.
The hotel as such is an old but sturdy country hotel with a labyrith of corridors ;-) sometimes with squeaky doors - get out your WD40! - biut they did not bother us.
The food in the restaurant was very nice indeed, yummy sauces and well cooked. Even though the menu was limited as we were there on a deal.
The breakfast was fine too, helpful and friendly staff everywhere.
I would not go there again just for the hotel but if I needed an overnight in Ennis I would go there.

Room Tip: it depends on what you like - fall into a bed after a good number of pints - chose a room at the fro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

OK, its a Saturday night/sunday morning 3.07 am in the Auburn Lodge & I'm writing this because I can't sleep with the noise that is coming from all directions, from the Nightclub or bar from outside the window, to the racket that is outside my door from the bedrooms, this is pretty intense.
Maybe its a weekend thing ??? we didn't get much sleep the night before either .....
So I guess I will have to sleep when I go home ???
I really like this hotel though, the staff in the restaurant are excellent & the food served therein also excellent.
The rooms are fine & well maintained, the girls do a very good job.
I really enjoyed the leisure centre, that is a real bonus from this trip.
Breakfast is also a treat if you like the full Irish.....
Yea, the music is still belting out without any let up, its a traditional weekend I guess ???
Its actually getting louder as I write.
Maybe the best thing to do is to go & join them ???
Its such a shame as I have to work tomorrow.....
The bottom line here is choose wisely before you book here.....
I have just talked to a manager who said the DJ was asked to lower the volume, rubbish.
This was supposed to be a relaxing weekend away, I can't see anything relaxing about being wide awake at 4.13 in the am.
I could write this all night but what's the use, the management don't give a damn.
It looks like we won't be having any sleep tonight.
Good luck if you decide to stay here !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank K C
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have very recently attended a wedding at the Auburn Lodge and was really very pleasantly surprised. Having been to a few weddings this year - I don't normally expect to be blown away by the meal and service, but in this case, I really was. The staff were so friendly and welcoming...the entrance to the wedding reception room was lined with beautiful tables with either champagne, coffee/tea and beautifully prepared light snacks/ hor d'eourves which were regularly topped up...then we went into the reception room which for a large room in late October was not only warm and cosy but beautifully deocrated. The meal was superb, actually what one would expect from an award winning restaurant (which for a wedding of 180+ people is outstanding), seabass or fillet steak, large steaming bowls of vegetable and potatoes left on the table for you to help yourself and seconds offered to you at the table..the first time I left a wedding meal absolutely stuffed. It was really delicious. The rooms were warm, clean, spacious and very comfortable. My husband and I felt like not only were we at a friends wedding, but on a really nice mini holiday. Thanks to the staff and manager for a really memorable time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HocoIreland
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Auburn Lodge Hotel and would absolutely recommend it as a wedding venue. The function room looked amazing on the day, the staff were very attentive and helpful. The food was superb, very tasty and of excellent quality and the atmosphere around the hotel was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle606
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!