1,091 results
All reviews leisure centre bar staff both nights friendly receptionist bit dated food was lovely ennis town weekend break both mornings an evening meal lovely hotel staff were lovely couldn't do enough old style the pub yogurt edna
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on the 12th April 2013, nice autmosphere, friendly staff, entertainment on both nights, good food, reasonable price, room very clean and warm and cosy, wasn't to impressed with breakfast options but would certainly stay there again. Reception staff very helpful . If passing through Ennis stop and stay in this hotel. Hotel also has pool which is an added bonus.

Room Tip: If you dont want to be disturbed go to rooms on the south side
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife & I stayed at auburn lodge hotel last weekend. On arrival, we found the staff at reception to be most helpful. Our room was very cosy heated, with tea & coffee making facilities. The food in the restaurant was excellent. The second night, we dined in the Tailor Quigleys bar, again the food was top class, the staff were very friendly both waitress & barmen.Entertainment on Saturday night was a real flavour of Irish music & Craig. The open fire in reception area was very welcoming. We also enjoyed a visit to the leisure centre, enjoying a relaxing swim, followed by a sauna & jacuzzi. Location was only 5 minutes off M18. Also liked the idea of gardens, where one could relax given the weather.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Myself and my sister stayed here for the weekend ,,Was the best Hotel we have stayed in for a long time ,,,Food just Fabulous,Staff so nice and friendly ,, room spotless ,,cant wait to go back ,,,,catherine ,duyblin

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Auburn Lodge is a large hotel situated about 3 kilometers outside Ennis on the Galway road and I was lucky recently to spot a web offer of €27 which I promptly took up. However there was some glitch on the booking site which overwrote the date I had inserted at the start and gave me a random date instead. How bizzare. When I tried to correct this the site would not allow to do it so I had to email customer service of Booking.com instead. They did not reply. I then emailed the hotel who quickly and willingly responded that they would make the necessary correction. Thank you, Louise at reception! So I got my room in a good hotel for the cheapest price in a long, long time.
The hotel itself is in a relatively quiet location even though it is situated on a main road and I had a room away from the front. However I was woken at 6:30 by the sound of twenty or thirty suitcases being wheeled to a waiting bus. This was not too bothersome though. At the same time I could have done with a little more of my beauty sleep!
The staff are courteous and friendly and the hotel clean and comfortable. I thought that the heating in my room was a little too warm for comfort and I failed to find a way to control it properly. However it was fine when the heating was turned off later on that evening and apart from the momentary interuption at 6:30 I got a good night’s sleep. There is a very spacious car-park which helps a lot in a place like this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gretry
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are just back from spending Easter in Auburn Lodge Hotel,I would highly recommend this hotel,staff very helpfull and friendly,Accommodation lovely very cosy with fires in lobby will be returning to stay. there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple