“What a kip.”

Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Agggh! What an old smelly dump. Walls are so ridiculously thin I had to change room to avoid a laughing hag next door at 3am. Place looks like it should be haunted. Never again. So sorry I didn't stay at a different hotel

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank endas
IrelandICH, General Manager at Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear endas

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay in the Auburn Lodge. Unfortunately I wasn't able to discuss your stay with you as your late arrival and early departure prohibited this and we would have tried our utmost to ensure you had a comfortable stay with us. Once again I apologise about your stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Myself and my sister had a 2 night midweek break in the Auburn Lodge, we found the staff really friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were tasty and fresh and lots to choose from. The room was clean and tidy and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Iosa

Dear Iosa

Thank you for great review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do like our Facebook page for more exclusive offers should you return to Ennis.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. To be honest after the first time I didn’t think I would be back. However the second stay was a much better experience. This hotel is not perfect however it is very reasonably priced, good location easy to find, and clean room. We checked into the hotel very quickly with no wait and were directed to our room. Our room was spacious and clean and I had no complaints. Breakfast was included in our package and we found the food to be good. They brought tea and toast to table and there is a choice of fruit, cereal, bread and cooked breakfast buffet. We did not eat any other meals in the hotel on this occasion however we did eat on our previous stay and would eat here again. The staff at the hotel are friendly both check in and check out which were both quick and easy. Louise at reception was especially helpful with our queries about Ennis. Overall we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pinkgirl83

Dear pinkgirl83

Thank you for your lovely review, it is much appreciated. I will pass on your comments to the team who will be most appreciative.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here midweek on business. I received a warm welcome from a real nice girl I think called Louise. Checked into room immediately and found everything really clean and was happy. Proceeded straight to leisure centre to swim and really thought it was very well kept and modern.
Later I ate in the bar and had their burger which was obviously homemade and really enjoyed it. Soccer was on sky so watched that. Check out in the morning was very efficient and helpful re getting back on main road to Limerick. I will return. I felt my business was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phil c
IrelandICH, General Manager at Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Phil C

Thank you for your positive review. I will pass on your comments to Louise in reception and regarding our burgers - yes you are quite right they are home made and we always get great feedback from our guests about them. Next time you should try our homemade chicken goujons!
We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Myself and a friend decided to stay in the Auburn as a last minute weekend away. Our time spent in this home from home hotel was great. Food was fresh and tasty. I must say our experience was greatly enhanced by the bar men who created a warm jovial atmosphere. it must be said this hotels star attraction is the friendly staff and the great craic in the bar well worth a visit , we will be back again. Reception recommended some great spots in town. I REALLY enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to everybody. vALU

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Helena S

Thank you for your great review posted. I have passed your comments on to the team who were delighted to hear you had a good time.
Please do stay in touch on our facebook page where you will find ongoing offers.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My girlfriend and i arrived at the hotel and was greeted nicely by the receptionist. We were given a nice king size room which we loved. It had everything we needed. The room included a dvd player which we did not get, so i rang and told them that we wanted it and was told it would be dropped to us. 15 mins later still no arrival of the dvd player. so we went off to the cliffs of moher hoping on our return they would have brought the dvd player, but not to be. so i rang once again and this time it was brought to us.
We went for a meal in the bar and being honest the staff that was dealing with us was very rude! not one bit polite. We got a starter and main course so we were having our starter and the lady came over telling us main course is nearly ready whuile we eating still. Crazy.. Our mains came out and to make it worse she gave me the wrong meal. so i told her i didnt order that i order something else so she took it away with out saying anything.
the following morning breakfast was awful sausages were lik prepacked sausgaes
never again wil eat there i will come back for the rooms they have but not to be treated lik that.

Room Tip: dont eat there not even have breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sweeneynoel

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback and I apologise about the poor attention to detail and service you received.

I have spoken to the various departments involved with regards to the customer service and also to the kitchen regarding your food issues. I am confident that we have rectified the issues and again my apologies that you had a dissapointing stay.

I do hope you will return to the hotel one day in order for us to show you the changes that we have implemented.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed September 19, 2012

i stayed three weeks ago in room 504 it was lovely. we were just passing through on the way to the airport with some friends. to be honest the only thing we really used was the bar. it was really nice we got food just as they where finishing up so service was speedy and the food was nice we stayed up late having a few drinks and catching up and the bar man on that night mochulla was the nicest young man he really went that extra mile a name i couldn't forget. i was surprised when i opened the bedroom door as i thought it would be very dark and old fashioned like the hallway but it was lovely clean large and bright what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ronan k
IrelandICH, General Manager at Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Ronan K

Thank you for your great review it's much appreciated and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Yolande Nieman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!