“Great Place!”

and 1 more site!
Grey Gables B & B
Ranked #4 of 34 Ennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were warmly greeted by Mary upon arrival. She took wonderful care of us throughout our four-night stay, introducing us to other guests at breakfast (always fun to find out where fellow travelers are from) and offering information and directions for each day's activities. We had a lovely, sunny room overlooking the spacious back yard and slept very soundly in the comfortable bed. If we are ever able to return to Ireland, we'll be staying with Mary!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anellocello

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my 10th stay at Grey Gables. For me, there's just no question. The location is perfect (a three-minute walk to city center), the rooms are comfortable and clean, breakfast is plentiful and delicious, and Mary is a great host. I'd recommend Grey Gables without hesitation to anyone visiting Ennis. The perfect base of operations for anyone exploring Co. Clare!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank TJBenson
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter, family friend and I stayed our 1st 3 nights in Ireland at Grey Gables. The location to town was great. Easy walking distance. Breakfast were average. Mary always asked where we were going for the day and gave us directions. The room we had was very small. Tv didn't work, the clock didn't work and one lamp had no light bulb. Minor things really. The only thing that bothered me is we didn't really feel welcomed. I don't know if its just because Mary is extremely busy or not. We also heard a couple of anti-american comments and overheard Mary bad mouthing a guest who had just left which made me feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sharon s
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Mary was a wonderful host for our first night in Ireland. Rooms are simple but clean and comfy. Breakfast was very nice. Loved being a block into the heart of town without the noise of town and what a fun town to explore! Would stay at Grey Gables again in a minute! only complaint-not a lot of water pressure!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeff p
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Grey Gables during our Anniversary trip to Ireland in May. Our room was very large and comfortable, and breakfast each morning was excellent. The location is a block from the center of town, and numerous shops and pubs. Mary Keene was very knowlegeable, and helped us to plan our daily outings. We truly enjoyed staying with Mary, and look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Mary is a very nice and welcoming hostess and cooks up a very good breakfast each morning. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The location is outstanding - a block from the center of town. Mary is also knowledgeable about Ennis and the nearby sights so gives good advice.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of two rooms on top floor which was fine for us, but you do have to go up a small s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah2L
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hi stayed here for one night in September 2013....and we were in ennis. It's just one block to the downtown city center area, so it's close by. If you are staying in Ennis, this is affordable---breakfast was standard....and it's comfortable. Well, they did run out of hot water, so I had to shower in the front bathroom, but again---it was suitable and I wasn't left showerless. It's quiet, clean. No internet in the rooms though---only in the main sitting area in the front of the house. There was a local woman that was staying there while she was in town visiting her brother--that's always a good sign. There's parking too--so that's nice. I'm picky--and I love high end stays. So, if I say this place is suitable---trust it! It's clean

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends