“Even cuter than the pictures”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome
The internet is strong in this quiet and ideal place for writers and artists research work
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome
Loft bedroom with a very comfortable bed.
Well equiped kitchen
Well equiped kitchen, cooker, oven, microwave, toaster, fridge, condiments, tea & coffee
A view of the room from the fireside
Outdoor seating area
Bathroom
A view of the main room from the kitchen with steps to loft
Main room
View of main room from loft
Cottage on a summers night
July Honeysuckle in bloom
Druid's Cottage  outdoor relaxation with natural spring water and clean air
Find the magic on fairy paths!
Meet the locals in some of the many pubs , play or listen to traditional music
The Clare coast has some wonderful Seafood bars where you can taste the sea.
Playful cat
Celtic crosses and lots of castles to be found everywhere!
Scenes from the medival town of Ennis only 25 minutes drive from cottage
Take a trip to the famous Galway city, it's only an hour up the road!
or the beautiful Killaloe/Ballina on lough Derg which is famous for fishing and Guinness
Thereis good surf at Lahinch beach or just jump in the sea!
Stretch your eyes as well as your legs around the hillside of Lough Derg
You will never know how many surprises that the day will bring....
So much flora and fauna from May till October
Sink a pint in the world famous bar Lena's of Feakle along with music, singing and craic
Farm shop with organic veg just across the road
View from loft window in early winter
Sometimes horses call for a visit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
les596
Ohio
“Even cuter than the pictures”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

A friend and I stayed in this cozy, simple cottage for four nights and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Stephanie is incredibly kind and helpful, going above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The surrounding area is what I'd call "the real Ireland" with beauty and tranquility, and able to see every star at night. Just a half hour drive from Ennis, we felt like we had a very special experience from staying in the countryside.

May 19, 2017
Thank you for the review Lynne, it was a joy having two appreciative, independent and adventurous guests. I liked what you said "the real Ireland" it is nice to return home to the cottage from visiting the sights, which are great too!
_hobnails...
Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
“Wonderful and peaceful break”
Reviewed April 26, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We both really enjoyed our stay at Druid Cottage. The cottage was spotless, warm, and cosy. We found it to be packed with all the wares and utensils needed for a comfortable stay.

The location is great, ideal for exploring the entire County of Clare. The central location means you are never too far from places such as Lahinch, The Burren, Bunratty, etc.

Stephanie is a wonderful host who gave us excellent directions well in advance of our departure.

I thoroughly recommend Druid Cottage to anyone considering on staying.
- We hope to return soon, thanks.

May 1, 2017
Thank you Cillian for taking the time to write your review, it is very much appreciated and I'm happy that you both had a comfortable stay while exploring the sites of Co.Clare. I look forward to welcoming you again for another break away! Best wishes, Stephanie
Leslie B
Pembroke, Canada
“The Best Decision I Made in Ireland”
Reviewed July 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Staying with Steph, Smudge and Princess Puss was the best choice I made on our anniversary trip to Ireland.
Druid cottage was perfect for us as a young couple. The loft bed was so comfortable, the living room was a place you could sit for hours, reading or writing. The kitchen and and amenities were just what we needed to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner just like we were at home.
The location was perfect for a number of walks, as well as being very central to many major cities and attractions. We did not rent a car, but our driver was able to easily find the cottage, and take us out for the days from that location. The nearby towns Tulla and Feakle were a delight, especially when Steph was so kind as to drive us to Pepper's Pub for an evening!

To talk about Steph would be like talking about a friend. She was a kind and gracious host, chatting with us after our walks, having scones and jam as well as cream for coffee for us when we arrived...she even brought cupcakes for us after a family birthday. It was like staying with a friend or family member, which you would never find at a hotel, and likely not even at most B&B's. She is also a talented artist...I could not help but buy two pieces of her knitwear!

If you are looking for a friendly, quaint, economical and relaxing place to spend time in Ireland, spend it here. I only wish I could have stayed longer. We would come back again in a heartbeat.

Liked best: Family atmosphere
Friends getaway
Aug 6, 2015
Thank you for such an amazing review and being wonderful guests. I am so glad that you both felt so comfortable and at home at Druid Cottage, while also experiencing the difference. Having myself stayed at diverse places around the world I aim to have the cottage as I would like it to be if I was staying for either a long or short stay. It was a joy to host you and we would welcome you back anytime.
SassyGirl...
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Just Book It!”
Reviewed February 16, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I spent the month of January here. This cottage is magic. And Steph started as my host and became my friend. I loved coming back to the cottage after being out all day and cozying up to the fire. I spent the first two weeks without a car, really getting a feel for the place. And the last few weeks I had the car I was all over, but this was my favorite space to come back to. The hills that fold in upon themselves, the animals, the people. I loved climbing up to the loft to go to bed, hearing the sounds from the neighboring animals through my window. I spent many an afternoon/evening during snow and wind storms cozied up on the daybed reading or writing near the fire. I had everything I need to cook many of my own meals in the kitchen, including a farm shop across the road. Steph is the most amazing host! As a world traveler herself, she has thought of everything. Even picked me up from the airport at 6:15am! And the sky...beautiful. I don't know what it is about County Clare, but it is enchanting. Whether solo, or with friends, just go!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How cozy the cottage is.
Liked least: Nothing.
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway
yeti566
Schwerin, Germany
“the perfect place for unforgetable days in nice irish landscape...”
Reviewed September 12, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

...4 girls from germany ( between 40 and 50 ;) ) ...7 days without family....on a perfect place to forget all at home! steph is a very kindly and smart host. the cottage is very cosy....with all you need, not far from the coast and very nice places to go.
all in all...a great place for beginning to fall in love with ireland ;)...

posted from kerstin, mandy, uschi and suska

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cosy original restaureted cottage
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BabetteAn...
Lambersart, France
“An outstanding place”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent four days at the Druide Cottage. There is a very special atmosphere in this quiet house full of charm and character. The Cottage is less than one hour by car from the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, the Burren and many other places. Go there and discover what the spirit of Ireland means... It is not a five star hotel but you will definitely love it.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The mattress of the bed
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing