Temple Gate Hotel
Hotels.com
$73
$68
$118
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)(Great Value!)
$122
$115
$122
$98
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspreachers publegends restaurantexecutive floorconverted conventcentral locationcentre of townexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelhotel restaurantdining roomshannon airportstayed two nightstop classcounty claresaturday nightbar foodchapel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked on the day via hotels.com. Got a good rate. Phoned hotel to confirm reservation. Spoke with Claire. The period we stayed was the hottest for a lot of years in Ireland. few hotels have A/C. Asked if there would be any chance of a fan. Arrived in evening. Allocated a quiet room as requested. Room in great order. Also a fan. Seemingly borrowed from the accounts department.
Sometimes it's the little things that make a great good. Didn't try the restaurant. Heard others saying it was nice.

Room Tip: Nice helpful place -ask for a quiet room if you want one
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here last year as our favorite hotel was booked out. It was pretty good, had rooms available and nice location central to town. The restaurant was a bit empty so we went out to eat. The rooms were tight, but had tvs and nice bedding.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed here while on tour with 40 others. We were part of a group of 8 traveling together. Our luggage for all 8 of us missed our plane at the first stop and was to be forwarded to this hotel for our second night stay. When it missed the time deadline, the airline said it was to be delivered. The staff at the front desk made it their personal mission to track it down. When the airline wouldn't return the calls, the staff exhausted every method, including trying to track it online, calling other divisions of the airline to try to locate our luggage. The good news is it did finally show up at the hotel. Besides exceeding my expectations with their efforts, the rooms are clean, cozy much the way I envisioned Ireland to be. The hotel is located in a location that in 10 minutes or less you can walk to just about anything. Without saying anything more, make sure when you visit Temple Gate you check out the room behind the front desk.
Ken and Pam

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I, together with our adult children had a very pleasant stay in the Temple Gate Hotel recently. The hotel is right in the centre of Ennis, a wonderful old town full of character. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. Service in the bar was a little slow at first but picked up and the bar food was good. We had a family dinner in the hotel that night and both the food and service was first class. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, cooked to order rather than languishing on a hot-plate. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the Temple Gate will be our hotel of choice in Ennis from now on. I might also mention that my wife inadvertently left a dress behind in the wardrobe of our room. I contacted the hotel, gave them the details and within a few hours they phoned me to say the dress would be posted to my home where it arrived the next day. This level of service is in my experience typical of the staff of the Temple Gate and is one of the reasons I shall return there before too long.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brendan B
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Ennis for one night on our way up Ireland's west coast. Luckily, we ended up being in town for the last day of the town's street festival, so there was plenty to see and do. Temple Gate was in the perfect location and we could easily make our way around town on foot.
Preacher's Pub, located in the hotel, was great! Both the food and atmosphere were perfect for an afternoon break.
The hotel staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend staying at Temple Gate.

• Stayed: July 2013