“In the Temple Gate Hotel”
Review of Preachers Pub

Preachers Pub
Ranked #20 of 108 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: European
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This pub is very nice and is located in the Temple Gate Hotel. The food is good and the bar staff is very friendly.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have lived in Ennis for years but never ate here before. I have enjoyed a few pints and for a hotel bar its a lively spot. I enjoyed my food the portions size is spot on. The only downside is most of the seating areas have two steps up to them so not great for anyone one wheels.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fabulous setting attached to the Temple Gate Hotel. Service is great, especially from Stephanie who is an exceptionally good waitress and takes care of you from the moment you walk in, nothing is too much trouble. The food is tasty and good value and we also like a glass of the blonde in the black skirt!!

1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I visited the pub on a Saturday morning a little after ten. Not a time when a pub is at its best. It is a roomy affair and such a lovely ambience. The walls are wooden and panelled with a lovely pastel tint on them. There are a few tables with plenty of daylight and there are some more intimate tables as well. Small corners for the more secluded. I would love to see it with a few more people in it.

I had breakfast there. The Full Irish. Breakfasts are not often very special. And I am afraid that the kitchen of the Preachers is no exception in that. Everything was totally bland. Even the black and white pudding. Two things that are usually very spicy on the plate. A great pity. Do not get me wrong, it was not -bad-. Just that everywhere they could have gone for bland they went for it.

The staff was very friendly. During my breakfast she came to the table a few times to ask if everything was fine and if I needed something.

Definitely going back on a more busy hour and taste some more of the atmosphere. The best part of the pub.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in ennis and were pleased both times. the food was wonderful and the service was excellent. couldn't say enough good things. definitely a place to check out.

Siobhan H, Manager at Preachers Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear tinyrucat,
Thank you for your feedback on Preachers Pub. Preachers has been awarded “Best Place to Eat in Clare” and your comments are a wonderful endorsement of this award. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Kind regards