“DO NOT EAT HERE”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I attended this bar along with some friends in order to eat a meal. My only description for this place is horrendous. On arrival we firstly noticed how cold the bar was. We initially thought that we had found a good place to eat as there was a vast menu. My friend ordered a pot of tea. The teapot was broken and filthy. She also ordered a glass of water and on the glass was a lipstick mark. The jug of milk she received was nearly empty and added to this - SOUR!!! After ordering I used the bathroom. They were a disgrace I actually felt dirty on exiting them. At this point we should have left. We received our starters. I ordered garlic mushrooms which were from the frozen aisle of a supermarket! For main course my friend ordered a stir fry. When she received the stir fry it was barely warm and she asked for it to be reheated. After it’s supposed reheating it was still not hot enough to eat and mainly consisted of peppers. She did not eat it. As a group, our plates of food were barely touched. We went to pay for our food and my friend complained about her stir fry. The manager was behind the bar and if this bar wishes to remain open then they should definitely be advertising for a new manager. She was so inappropriate and rude. She challenged my friend about her stir fry and claimed that the stir fry was indeed warm as it was cooked fresh - she is obviously delusional as it was NOT cooked fresh. She then charged my friend full price for something that could not be eaten.We even commented in the car in the way home how horrible she was to the two young girls who were working and serving in the bar, she is definitely not management material. My advice to this bar would be :
1. Get a new manager
2. Get a proper chef and microwave
3. Deep Clean this place before health and safety shut them down

I’m conclusion, do not eat here. It’s basically a chipper with hefty prices and terrible staff and customer service.

1  Thank Jen3386
Write a reviewReviews (379)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here early evening. This place is in bad shape. Its clear no one really has any pride in the place. The floor and table were filthy. Visible wires where step lights used to be. Decor is funky and I mean funky in that it's clear no one has taken an interest in the general upkeep of the place. Staff while efficient seem totally joyless. Ordered a pizza, enthused by the 100% Italiano ad on the menu. If it was 100% Italiano then I must be 110% the pope because the pizza was brutal. Clearly frozen base, the chef here must have very little enthusiasm.pizza was reasonable priced,the only reason I finished it was because I was actually starving. All in all I would not recommend this place to anyone until at least the management changes and someone gives actually a s**t about the place, the food, and ultimately the customers. It's a shame as the place has great potential

Reviewed September 12, 2019

I have frequented YOLO twice within the last four years and enjoy the food a little bit more each time. The prices are very reasonable, the lamb dishes are spectacular, and the ambiance exudes relaxation. Ennis remains such a fine old town and its eateries, places like YOLO, encourage repeat customers to pop in and spend a few quid on an unforgettable experience.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

We had a great meal, the staff were very helpful and flexible. The main dish chosen could be served with chips, potatoes, veg and or salad. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Went in today for lunch had the sweet chili chicken wrap, and a mocha to finish it was the nicest I’ve had in a long time, highly recommend this restaurant staff do everything they can to accommodate their customers, very affordable

Date of visit: August 2019