“Be prepared for the noise from the bar”

Queens Hotel & Night Club
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This is an old hotel in the middle of a shopping district. They treated us well, the meals were well done (especially the desserts!). Biggest drawback was the connecting bar that was noisy until 2 AM, even in the middle of the week.

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed April 14, 2008

This hotel was great for solo travellers without a rental car. Was central to the town and everything, including the bus station, were within walking distance. Be weary - this place is extremely loud!!! It is a "nightclub" after all, and is right smack dab in the middle of all the other noisy pubs, etc. There are live bands 5 nights a week.
When I arrive I requested a room change to cut down on noise. The staff was very helpful and moved me to a different room, no extra charge (but it wasn't any less noisy). They could not find my booking for the second night, but accommodated anyways. Note - bring your email confirmation with you! Breakfast was great and included in the stay. Accomodations were good for the price, but the bathroom could have been a little bit cleaner. Although, since I moved rooms, I took into account that perhaps the second room had not yet been cleaned.
All in all a decently priced, well located spot. But not for someone who is looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Myself and my husband have just returned from a fantastic weekend in Ennis, we were celebreating our first wedding anniversary and St. Patricks Day. We stayed in the Queens Hotel which I would not recommend anyone venture into-it was old, cold and smelly!! The beds were urine stained and everywhere was covered in mould YUK! There is a disco downstairs which I thought we could handle but no-there were about 300 people in the street once the club came out and the noise was deafening, I felt that the people where actually in the room with us.
Lets just say it's in dire need of of a refurb, the owner should be ashamed!!!!!!
But let me just say that Ennis is fab and we met some lovely people.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gillybabes
Reviewed November 13, 2007

What an utter dump. One of the worst experiences in a hotel. Rude staff upon check in, dirty and cold room, we left to go out in Ennis that night and upon return at approx 1am we may as well have been down on the street with the crowds, that was after the night porter accusing me of trying to bring someone back to my room, only my name was down on their list as it was booked in my name and not my partners. Once in after much pleading that we both were in fact residents, it was hours before noise died down outside and then the party next door began.
Next morning we went down to breakfast which can only be described as flung together, the place was full of hens and stags nursing their hangovers. My partner left a card with €20 in it for a birthday and we left it in the room, however when we rang the hotel the following day they practically hung up on us.
WILL NOT BE GOING BACK AND I WOULD ADVISE NO ONE ELSE TO STAY THERE! EVER!!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aeronacorona
Reviewed October 16, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night after flying into Shannon Airport. We needed a place to stay for 1 night prior to proceeding to Galway. Other than it's good central location, this property didn't have much going for it. We did enjoy our evening in Ennis - it's a very charming small Irish town. Our room was small. The bathroom was really small and the shower was one of the smallest thta I'd ever seen. The window in our room did open, thankfully, so that we could get some fresh air in the room. The women that worked at the front desk seems removed and distant. Not rude, but not friendly or cordial. If you're going to stay in Ennis for 1 night or 2, this hotel is adequate. I wouldn't stay here for an extended amount of time. It is close to shopping and pubs and walkable to most places. It's reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank lisak64
Reviewed September 28, 2007

The Hotel is a quaint one in the centre of the town of Ennis & that was the highlight! Yes, it's a traditional hotel with a pub downstairs & it is centrally located but this is really where the positives end! The Reception area was dirty & damp, the Receptionist looked like she had only just woken up & when we got to our room, we were further shocked! The lift could only hold 4 people & since i was staying with a tour group of 50 people, this took some while & yes, there was stairs but with heavy suitcases to haul, it wasn't really an option! After finally getting to our floor though, we had to look for our room & that wasn't simple either! We still had to climb some more steps & then down a couple to get to our room, which was dismal! Now, the hallway outside the room was attractive until i looked at the floor & found there was a nail sticking out of the floor & the floor was uneven, which of course is dangerous! Anyway, as we entered our room we got the biggest shock of all! The room was tiny!!!!!!! It was sooooo small & it had quite a bad odour about it & the furniture, although some may call it quaint - i found it quite dated, faded & cheap! There was no room between the bed (which was lopsided) & the cupboard so we couldn't move our suitcases past the door & to top it off we were facing the street (noisy!). Also, the bathroom was too small, the shower was dirty & the room was hot because it was without air-conditioning! There was some entertainers downstairs in the pub playing great irish music & dancing & that was great fun but not if you want a good night's sleep! The noise carries upstairs & the walls are as thin as paper so you can hear the music & the people in the room next to you! As i said, the only real positive here was that it was central & a 5 min walk to town!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Divabiz
Reviewed September 4, 2007

this hotel, the queens, was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at in all my many travels, as i am a business woman and travel a great deal. i told them at the desk i needed a quite room toward the back, they said ok, but put me in a room right above thier Disco, till 3 in the morning music so loud, a pillow over my head woldnt stop the noise. also directly across the street in front of my window was a pub, guys sitting outside till 3am drinking, music, yelling, singing. i did not know which one was worse. the staff were a bit snotty and unprofesstional. the rooms just clean, but not very clean, i was afraid to walk on carpet in my bare feet. I would have been better off sleeping in the street. they never even said sorry. [--]

Stayed: March 2007