“Too bad there is nothing for me to eat.”
Review of The Dining Room

The Dining Room
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Child Friendly, Serves Local Cuisine, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining Area, Romantic, Can Cater for Large Groups. Simple tasty food for everyone's budget
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I visited the Dining Room in late 2010 and we've never been back. Not because the food is not of a high quality - we enjoyed everything we ordered. Not because the service was not courteous, fast, and accurate. It was. Not because the space is not lovely. It is. But because the only thing I could order, as a vegan, was the bruschetta without the cheese and a side salad. There were no other possible substitutions and the chef was unwilling to prepare an individual portion of something -- anything -- for me. We haven't been back. We living in Ennis and regularly dine in Ennis Town. But never in the Dining Room. One nice vegan starter, main, and dessert would satisfy the vegans, the vegetarians, and I'll venture to say, would appeal to a number of omnivores as well, but the management and chef don't really seem to care about the business they are losing. It's too bad. Someone let me know if things change, will you?

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there for Sunday lunch; no reservations allowed which is probably a good thing. Reasonable amount of options on menu but all very mid-range type dishes (beef stroganoff; chicken wrapped in bacon; curry; turkey. etc) and very keenly priced. Service was excellent and very courteous. Wasn't keen on the paper tablecloths although with the number of kids that were there it was probably a necessity ! Some of the seating is a bit tight (out table for two was anyway). We had 2 starters; 2 mains; 1 dessert; 1 coffee & glass of house white for less than €50 so that's hard to beat, but if you go there for Sunday lunch, its not what I would consider "fine dining" but its good food, good prices and you are in/out in well under an hour.. Will definitely try it for a night out to see what it like as atmosphere at night without kids/babies can be much different. Ennis needs more good restaurants.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had the misfortune to visit this establishment recently, and if you wish to accept my advice, DO NOT visit it. While the waiting staff are very pleasant and professional, the chef is a disgrace. I had asked for my steak to be cooked a certain way, and it was presented to me nothing like I had requested. When I pointed this out to the waitress, the 'chef' came storming out of the kitchen shouting profanities and told me to leave. Easily the most disgraceful dining experience of my life. I would urge you not to spend your money there, at least until they get rid of that so-called 'chef'. You've been warned! Sincerely.

12  Thank D R
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food was excellent but waiting 45 minutes for a starter is ridiculous and waiting another 30 for main is just plain terrible. Had to complain 3 times before we were served and I also had to approach the main desk and no waiting staff approached the table. Highly dissapointed by the experience

2  Thank Twincam89
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ate here recently with my Dad. 2 x courses for 19.50 with a supplement of between 4-6Euro for specific dishes (i.e. steak/some fish dishes). Extremely impressed with the staff and food. It was pretty busy but staff were attentive. Felt they could have potentially done with another waiter but regardless they kept things ticking over nicely. Goats cheese salad and smoked salmon salad to start - we enjoyed the starters tremendously. Generous portions too. Also brown bread was offered before the meal and get this, no extra charge. I live in London and there's normally a cover for bread. This is great value & a lovely touch (although dangerous as you tend to stuff yourself before the starters). Main course was the special Hake with a crab crusting. Melt in the mouth goodness. Dad went for the parma wrapped chicken. We didn't have dessert but I spotted some of them being served. If I had room I would have opted for the choc chip cheesecake but was really too full to justify it. Overall a fantastic meal & superb service. Keep up the good work guys. I will most definitely be back!