“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quin House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
Quin House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 35 Ennis B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying in this lovely B&B when we traveled Ireland in March. We decided on Quin house after visiting the web site and it really lived up to our expectations! Good sized rooms with really comfortable beds and the food was to die for. The owner is such a lovely woman and you can tell she's really passionate about her business. The whole house is so clean and tastefully decorated and has such a warm welcoming feeling about it. This is by far one of the best places we stayed in and hopefully we can visit again some day!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sofia85_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Contrary to a couple of the reviews on this site,we had a lovely one night stay here. the bed was soooo comfy, the room nicely firnished. Wasn't really expecting not to have an ensuite but that was my fault not reading from the website properly and it didn't really matter as Anita had provided a robe for this purpose. We loved the cosiness of the lounge area and fireplace and relaxed there after a lovely meal at the pub across from the Abbey. We walked the little town poking around the Abby and graveyard until dinner time then settled in with some port in front of the fire. We drove into Ennis earlier in the day and didn't find much there to intrigue us. The breakfast was lovely as was the company of the host,Anita who is very socialable and does a wonderful job. The B&B is a work in progress and we wish her well in her venture. We enjoyed our stay- a little higher priced than other B&B's we stayed in around Ireland ( with ensuite) but I see by a reply by Anita that that is on the agenda. Good luck and Best Wishes. Geoff and Mary

Room Tip: lovely big cosy bed
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stalks
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at Quin House in August of this year and couldn’t praise Anita and her lovely home enough. We arrived at 5pm, after an exhausting long haul flight from Sydney, Australia, and were greeted by a warm and unassuming hostess. Who duly showed us to our lovely bedroom with a super- king sized bed. The room and the house in general were immaculately clean and there was a lovely smell of lavender in our room.
We would have loved an ensuite bathroom but it was not a great inconvenience to share as Anita explained she can only cater for six adults maximum, at any one time, and there are two very nice bathrooms available for guests use.
Our breakfast was wonderful; we had Eggs Benedict and Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon, along with fresh Orange Juice and freshly cooked Croissants - all cooked to perfection.
We loved our time in Quin and its environs. It was just a short journey from the airport and the amenities in the village and the historic Abbey were wonderful. Also, the place was not teaming with other tourists and we therefore got a good insight into life in an Irish village. Anita also gave us very good directions to local tourist destinations and a lot of information on the local restaurants and pubs.
We would highly recommend Quin House as it was one of more memorable experiences of our trip. And a splendid experience overall. We would love to return at some future date.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle D
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Travelled from Scotland to spend a few days in and around Clare. This B & B was reccommended by a work friend so booked in for two nights but stayed four nights

I have to say our stay was wonderful from the excellent food and warm confortable surroundings to Anita our most endearing host. The rooms are very clean and warm and the beds are to die for!. The rooms are made up on a daily basis and we didnt want for anything.

The village itself was was lovely with a great selection of bars and restaurants. The Village Inn is very close to Quin House and has a lovely warm feeling.

All in all I could not reccomeded this B & B highly enough. As stated we booked for two nights but ended up staying four nights. Give it a go. You will not be disapointed!

Gerard Lamb

Room Tip: This is a small establishment so all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerard l
Darien, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

This place had great reviews so I thought it would live up to them (especially since tripadvisor hasn't failed me yet and I travel a lot). I am totally not one to complain, but the stay here was horrible. Anita was very nice, but that was where the comfort ended. Although there was no dog in sight, all night a dog was barking underneath us (assuming it was in Anita's locked living area). There was visible dog hairs all over my comforter and sheets. (They must have not been cleaned at all after a dog rain over them). I'm midly allergic and my nose was stuffy all night, not to mention the rancid wet dog smell that came with it. The room was freezing cold and the only way to keep warm was to go down to the living room with the fireplace (which was nice and not dog hair haven). Especially considering we paid the same amount that we paid in a beautiful, new bed and breakfast with a flat screen in another city (this was in the middle of nowhere essentially), it was a HUGE disappointment. This was so disappointing that my hubby said NO MORE bed and breakfasts (even though leading up to that we had good experiences). To top it off, the food, which looked great and delicious, also had a few dog hairs in them. It is very hard to complain when the host is so sweet seeming and nice so that was a very hard situation. I am not one to make someone feel badly, so I could not bring myself to say anything. I would 100% avoid this place!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank traveler0339
NeetsEnnis, Owner at Quin House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
To say that we are appalled by this review is an understatement. As we were closed for most of March 2011 due to some burst heating pipes. We had a very small amount of guests for the month and none have matched the criteria given here.
Our response is basically that we put our guests and their requirements first in all instances and especially with regard to cleaning and hygiene. Our beds are freshly changed after each guest departs – without the aforementioned dog hairs. Our rooms are vacuumed regularly and all other cleaning requirements are done to an immense standard required for our family and our guests. Our food, again without the aforementioned dog hairs, is prepared to the highest standards available. Our bed linen is laundered professionally and our food is purchased from reputable suppliers.
We have two bathrooms, with showers, available for guests and we rarely take more the six adults hence there is never any great pressure on our guests or our plumbing system.
Regarding our “locked” private area, everybody, this reviewer included, is entitled to a private living area and for that I make no apology.
Our dogs are kennelled in their own area and have their own enclosed yard with no interaction (what-so-ever) with our guests. How one can make such an assertion is a point worth pondering.
However to finish on a positive note… our constructive and good reviews far outweigh such a negative one and for that and all our lovely guests we are eternally grateful.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We really enjoyed our one night stay in Quin House, and wished we had time to stay longer and explore the area. Anita is an amazing hostess - warm, friendly and extremely helpful. She's also a great cook and provided us with an excellent breakfast. It wasn't a problem not having an en suite as the two bathrooms were just steps away. Our room was large, beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfy. The roomy sitting room was also very appealing with many interesting books. Quin is a small and charming village. Quin Abbey is just a 5 minute walk from Quin House, and it's definitely worth a stop. It was great to be at the abbey in the quiet of a sunny evening.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I called Anita from the US to make my reservation. Upon receipt of my deposit, she immediately e-mailed me directions and local attractions. When my husband and I arrived, Anita was as friendly in person as she was helpful on the phone. I welcomed the internet access at Quin House. the warm croissant at breakfast and the King-sized bed. The village of Quin is "quaint" as described.

I may have missed the full description of the amenities when I read about Quin House on the internet prior to making my reservations. I did not realize that the bathroom was not ensuite. This was an inconvenience. My husband and I skipped the shower for that reason. Also, there was a heavy comforter on the bed but no top sheet. I wanted some covers but not the full comforter. I made due with what was there. The location of Quin was further from Ennis than I expected. Ennis has more to offer in the way of shopping and dining.

I wanted to love the Quin House because Anita was a such a gracious hostess but honestly, I was a bit disappointed on my last night in Ireland.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GadgetGirlCa
quinhouse, Manager at Quin House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
What can we say about this review? We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and thought we should try and clear up a few issues mentioned here. Ensuites are on the agenda for the coming year but we have to fit the installation around our guests as we do not want to have construction work going on when guests are here.
Regarding the bed covers or duvet’s ( bed covers) we just use a duvet and change it’s cover with the rest of the bed linen. Your review gives the impression that the bed only had a comforter/throw and not a a duvet, as it has. The beds have winter duvets on them at the moment, as this summer has been very cold, but we do have summer duvets( which are lighter) which you could have had put on your bed should you have asked.
We also send out an information email, along with our confirmation of reservation, to all our guests so that they do know where we are situated and what the locality is like.
We are a B&B in the traditional sense, in that we take in paying guests to supplement our income. We are not a purpose built B&B where all amenities are provided on a mini hotel basis. Our B&B is our home where we live our daily lives hence the difference between us and some other B&B’s.
Thank you for your kind personal comments and hope fully you will return to Ireland again. Slán