“great meal”

Cloister Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Ennis
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of medieval Ennis. This is a modern restaurant that serves fresh locally sourced produce. Wonderful to visit for a light bar meal during the day or more inventive cuisine in the evenings.
Chicago, Illinois
“great meal”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we had great food ,really enjoyed it , first time there , staff were very welcoming ,warm restaurant with nice atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank ciaranobrien
Camarche, Manager at Cloister Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ciaran.

Thanks very much for your review. Its great to also have reviews from overseas, even if you were ony home for a while, we do appreciate both the visit and the positive review.

Dermot & all the Team.

Waterford Ireland
“One to watch!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've visited the Cloister twice now, shortly after opening in October and again last week and not alone have early standards been maintained, they have, if t'were possible, improved. Where to start? The greeting one receives upon entering is both warm and sincere. The downstairs bar is cosy and inviting and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. The food is of an exceptionally high standard. I dined with a party of twenty and we were, without exception, blown away by the quality and service, both of which surpassed what I have received in Michelin starred establishments in the past. Some of the highlights were, confit duck parcels, stunning wild mushroom risotto, fabulous halibut and meltingly tender steaks. A word too on the winelist. Where would one find well sourced house wines for under E20 a bottle? Excellent prosecco at E28 a bottle? Unusual in any restaurant, let alone one of this quality. For those with deeper pockets, there is also an excellent, well priced selection of quality wines on offer. It's quite a journey for me to Ennis, but this is truly a destination restaurant well worth the effort. Looking forward to my next visit.

9 Thank Environmentfriend
Camarche, Manager at Cloister Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Enviromentfriend.

Thanks so much for your detailed review, it is especially rewarding to read comments regarding return visits, and even better when people return.

We were delighted to host your families event here at The Cloister, its a great place to celebrate aspecial occasion.

Thanks again for all your kind comments.

Dermot and all the Team.
“Simply AMAZING!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I was at the Cloister over the weekend and I just had to leave a review to express my love for this restaurant!
The food was outstanding, I had langoustines for my starter which was presented beautifully and tasted just as good! For my main I had fillet of beef, it was without a doubt the best beef I have EVER tasted, I stand by that! Then a trio of desserts with a gorgeous glass of wine to finish my lovely night off. We were a big group of 20 and we were looked after so well it was definitely 5 star food and service and the staff always went that extra mile! I would certainly recommend this restaurant if just for a romantic dinner for two or a big group either way you will not be disappointed! I'm already looking forward to going back! :)

3 Thank ConnieNolan
Dear ConnieNolan.

Thank you very much for your kind review , your comments on the food and the whole team are most welcome. We're all delighted youn enyoyed your visit to the Cloister so much.

Kind Regards

Dermot & all the Team.
Galway
“Fantastic Meal!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a meal in Cloisters last weekend. Only one sitting per night so no rush.
The Staff were fantastic and really friendly. Brian looked after us in the bar and the Restaurant Staff were equally as nice. The food was superb and we spent 4 hours over our meal. Dermot showed us around after the meal and we told him we would be back and we will....soon! Thanks to all for making our night very special :)

• Visited January 2013
8 Thank SunnyWestGalway
Dear SunnyWestGalway.

It was lovely to meet you during your visit to Ennis, thanks for choosing The Cloister to spend your evening out.

We were especially glad we lived up to your expectations, thats always very positive for us.

Kind regards

Dermot and all the Team
Ireland
“Flawless”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Now under new management, with the building having been completely refurbished this is now a 5* restaurant. It is a family affair and it shows in the proficient, knowledgeable service and excellence in the food. The menu is not extensive, but what is available is tasty and made from fresh ingredients. Specials are always interesting. Comprehensive well priced wine list, with a range of South African available. We are definitely going back.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank PeterCCIS
Dear PeterCCIS

A sincere thank you for the review you posted, we were all delighted to read it and glad you say you will be returning. You will be welcome back.

Regards