“Nice B&B close to city centre of Ennis”
Review of Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow
Ranked #9 of 33 Ennis B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice B&B close to city centre of Ennis”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I decided to stay in Ennis on a whim. I checked the reviews and they all came in great. Elisabeth is a great host and provided a great welcome. However, the rooms are very small, compared to what I have had (on this trip) at other B&Bs in the past week and a half. However, traveling alone, that is all I needed. The bed was not especially comfortable. There are no TV’s in the bedrooms, however, there is a TV room in a room opposite the bedrooms.

My main grievance, I found it difficult to get to the B&B in the first place. The street signs were confusing (or none existent) and directions were difficult to get from the “locals”. The Tourist Bureau was very helpful however, and I eventually found the place. I found this most frustrating and why the "average" rating.

Having said that, the host was very hospitable and accommodating and catered to me well. The breakfast was hot and I had plenty to eat. The eating area was pleasant and I could look out into a very well kept garden. She is also well read and was able bring me up-to-date on Irish politics and has a thorough knowledge of the Ennis area.

Not sure why the name Sleepy Hollow as it is easy walking distance to downtown Ennis. It also has private parking onsite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Charles D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and used Ennis/Sleepyhollow as our base for exploring County Clare. Elizabeth was a perfect hostess. The room was tastefully decorated, quiet (even though it's just on the edge of the city center), and had a very comfortable bed. It is a short, easy walk to pubs, restaurants and shopping in Ennis, and an easy drive to the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, and other sites in Clare. We would definitely stay here again. One of the best places we stayed in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2012

On May 01, my friend and I stayed at this little B&B, on the outskirts of the town of Ennis, before taking a flight home the following day. We had booked it, based on the reviews of previous guests, and we were not disappointed. Our twin room looked out on the guests patio and garden. We also had a view of a hurling game in the field behind the house, which apparently is owned by the nearby college . Our bedroom was cosy, the beds very comfortable and next door was a guest lounge where we were able to relax and watch T.V. We opted for the breakfast with 'Healthy Options' which was varied and very tasty. The hostess Elizabeth couldn't have been more helpful and helped make our stay a very pleasant one.Of all the B&Bs we stayed in, this was the cleanest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank james m
London
Reviewed May 1, 2012

At the beginning of April, my husband and I stayed at Sleepyhollow. The owner Elizabeth made us feel very welcome, helped us with our itinerary, gave us ideas on where to eat and what local sights to visit. She also provided an interesting and varied breakfast. Thank you, Elizabeth for the comfy bed. We thought the chocolates and the flowers a lovely touch. Although there were no tea and coffee making facilities in our bedroom, there was a guest lounge with Tv, tea making facilities, and plenty of interesting reading material. Aslo a private guest patio which looks out on a pretty garden.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen O
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed at Sleepyhollow for the final two nights of our 2 weeks in Ireland, amd found it comfortable, welcoming, and very clean. Elizabeth was warm, funny, and helpful. The location was perfect for us, a 10 minute walk to Ennis town center and 7 minutes from then bus station where we caught Bus Eireann to Bunratty Castle. Cannot say enough about this B&B, highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JandV297
West Harrison, NY
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Sleepyhollow for the last two nights of my visit to Ireland. Our twin room was well-appointed and spotless, and had a view of the garden/backyard. The proprietor, Elizabeth, has created a very homey atmosphere. Our room included a bud vase of fresh flowers, individual pitchers of water, and chocolates. The hot breakfast was delicious and served at the dining room table where we were able to chat with other guests. WiFi is available, and there is a shared lounge with a TV. The bed was very comfortable. If you need total darkness when you sleep, you may want to bring a sleep mask as there is a glass transom over the door.

Elizabeth gave us great suggestions for dinner and trad music in town, which is a short walk from Sleepyhollow - less then 10 minutes. She also gave us recommendations for how to spend our last day in the area. Sleepyhollow is definitely worth a visit if you're looking for a B&B in Ennis.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mcamny
Hoover
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Sleepyhollow on our first night in Ireland. It is just a short drive from the Shannon airport and easy to find, which was good, considering our jetlagged state. We had asked to check in a little early and Elizabeth Ryan, the owner, was more than accommodating. She also knew the places we wanted to visit in Ennis and even suggested some others we might be interested in.
The room was very comfortable and quiet and had chocolate on the pillows! Down the hall is a lounge with tea/coffee making facilities and more chocolate! That came in handy when I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep.
There were two breakfast options: cooked, full Irish breakfast (for 5 Euro extra) or a non cooked breakfast including fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and a plate with a variety of meats and cheeses (included in the very reasonable price per night).
We stayed at Sleepyhollow again on our way back through Ennis near the end of our trip and it was just as pleasant and comfortable. Elizabeth was just as welcoming.
If we ever get to go back to Ireland, I'll stay at Sleepyhollow again.
Thanks, Elizabeth,