“The Rowen Tree Hostel in Ennis is Excellent”
Review of Rowan Tree Hostel

Rowan Tree Hostel
Ranked #1 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Ennis
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Rowen Tree Hostel in Ennis is Excellent. Located along a canal one sees swans and ducks nesting and swimming from your window. The hostel is safe and clean with superb help answering your daily questions. It is an easy hostel to use with a large kitchen area to cook your own meals. The hostel also has a great Cafe with a wonderful menu. I highly recommend this hostel for any age group from college age to families to groups and so forth. Enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sails4Love
RowanTreeEnnis, Owner at Rowan Tree Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. We are very fortunate to be located beside the beautiful river Fergus which has some fantastic wild life and can be enjoyed from our many river facing rooms or our riverside Café bar. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I brought 107 international students in March 2013. It is such a pleasure to work with a company like the Rowan Tree. It could actually take too long to compliment them on everything they do right. Clean, central, spacious room, quick check in, adjacent cafe, hot showers. The list goes on. A special note is needed for how friendly the staff are. Being so central made it easy for us to book walking tours of Ennis and enjoy an evening out. It is perfect for groups or families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RowanTreeEnnis, Owner at Rowan Tree Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for your very nice review !! Thank you very much also for choosing Rowan Tree Hostel to accommodate your group and we are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us and our lovely town of Ennis " Ireland's Friendliest Town "
We are very fortunate to be located in a beautiful and fully restored listed building built in 1740 and formerly the "Clare County Club" a gentlemans club for the aristocrats of Clare. We have a great mix of room types to suit all requirments and our fantastic staff have helped us to achieve the best hostel in Ireland for the past 3 years.
We hope to see you again soon.
Regards, Brian and all the team

Reviewed February 26, 2013

this hostel is ideally located right in the centre of ennis beside all the pubs.i would recommend it for anyone on a low budget.only problem was we had to check out at half 10 with a massive hangover.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dolan23
RowanTreeCafeBar, Owner at Rowan Tree Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thanks very much for the great review. If we knew you were going to have such a good time we could have arranged a late check out !!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travel Ireland as a backpacker on a tight budget and I stumbled upon the Rowan Tree Hostel expecting just an ordinary, nice and clean hostel. Nothing much, since it was so cheap. But what I've found was pure luxury! There is so much room for everything and everyone, extremely comfortable beds, a huge shiny bathroom with a perfectly hot shower and a view outside a huge window onto the Fergus River. I felt as if I was rich! ;D I'd love to stay there more often this winter, but sadly they closed for wintertime. But whenever I go back to Ennis (like for the next Trad Music Festival) I'll definetly be there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gab R

Thanks very much for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed stay at RowanTree Hostel. We are very fortunate to be in such a beautiful building and location beside the river fergus.
During the winter between Dec and Feb we only open at the weekends but from March 1st we are open 24 hours a day every day so hopefully we'll see you back soon.
RowanTree Hostel.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Funky hostel with a really cool girl at the front desk who was so helpful to us. This place has everything you want, even it's own restaurant/cafe/bar! Breakfast was free and good, and the place is so clean. It looks all fairly new, and really just works. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thanks very much for your great review. We are very lucky to have a great team working here and as we are a family run business we strive to really take care of our employees who in turn take care of our guests and from your review it seems to be working. Our Cafe Bar is very popular with guests and locals and we use as much local produce as possible in our menu.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for one night. Good location, friendly staff, comfortable and clean. We stayed in an en-suite room. The bed linen was good and the bathroom clean, functional and spacious. We would definitley stay there again - excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWR_EG

Thank you very much for your very nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay again.
Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

After Dublin, Cork and Limerick I wished to spend a couple of days in some small, quite and cozy town. I chose Ennis because I've been here already for a couple of hours and liked it. The Rowan Tree Hostel is located ideally - you cannot find better place for short walking tours around the town. The building itself is very nice and - it stands so close to Fergus river that when I opened windows in my dorm the water was just below my head! Great view, easy to navigate to, and I was warmly greeted at reception. For some reason they were not able to process my payment with my credit card (not nice) so I had to pay in cash. (Anyway, they said there was an ATM quite near). The room, bed linen, showers - everything was extremely clean. I'd say I've never met such a clean hostel in my life! I liked both their common room and kitchen. What I didn't expected that the hostel was full of people and almost all of them seemed to be musicians. They all came for traditional musical folk festival in Ennis. I felt myself lucky since I've dreamed about going to such festival sometimes but never had a chance before. And it was amazing that they had a musical session downstairs in the hostel so you could enjoy your, er... tea and listen to beautifil Irish folk music! As I discovered afterwards, the Rowan Tree Hostel was among those entities which supported the festival, and for me it was a positive mark too. This was a not-so-common chance for me to get acquainted interesting intelligent people from different countries. Despite the fact that there were musicians everywhere both nights were very quiet. Wi-fi was free and stable but worked only at the ground floor. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who's looking for budget accommodation in Ennis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the river.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Old Ground Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ennis
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Rowan Tree Hostel? Share your experiences!