“nice old place”
Review of Knox's

Knox's
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the bustling town of Ennis, Knox's is an enduringly popular local pub and bistro with an engaging and convivial atmosphere, establishing it as one of the most popular venues for nightlife and entertainment. Exposed stone and brickwork and wooden beams give the interior a rustic charm, while fresh local produce sets off the brasserie-style dishes on the menu in the upstairs restaurant. All sporting events including Championship hurling and football, Premiership games, Champions League, Six Nations and the Heineken Cup are all shown live in the bar. The resident DJs and live music will have you dancing and with the late night bar extension from Thursday to Sunday, Knox's keeps the lively and friendly crowd buzzing late into the night. Knox's is the ideal entertainment venue with Live Music five nights a week as well as DJs, pub quizzes and lots more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar for all customers.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Friendly bartender desirous of telling us the place's history...good location on the main street, just a half block up from our hotel. I am not pleased to see Irish pubs imitate the USA with TVs and annoying pop music on the sound system, but I guess that's what people want or it wouldn't be so popular. However, there were some seats at the bar where my wife and I couldn't see the TV, so that was good.

1  Thank Yodelman
There are newer reviews for Knox's

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Went in for dinner. There was a group of 7 of us. Everything that came to the table was delicious! Incredible value - all of us having a 3 course meal, the total was €122!!! There was no alcohol, just for the food! Very friendly & helpful staff. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Very nice food and friendly service. I will most definitely be coming back when I return to ennis. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here over the fleadh weekend. It was busy and staff were a little under pressure but the food was excellent. Really enjoyed it and we were stuffed but managed a dessert. Worth going out for. Won't b disappointed.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Myself and my partner went for a meal here. All we wanted were two mains and it took over 50 minutes for the food to get to us so I was not impressed. The food itself was good and the staff were good as well.