“evening dinner”
Review of Knox's

Knox's
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the bustling town of Ennis, Knox's is an enduringly popular local pub and bistro with an engaging and convivial atmosphere, establishing it as one of the most popular venues for nightlife and entertainment. Exposed stone and brickwork and wooden beams give the interior a rustic charm, while fresh local produce sets off the brasserie-style dishes on the menu in the upstairs restaurant. All sporting events including Championship hurling and football, Premiership games, Champions League, Six Nations and the Heineken Cup are all shown live in the bar. The resident DJs and live music will have you dancing and with the late night bar extension from Thursday to Sunday, Knox's keeps the lively and friendly crowd buzzing late into the night. Knox's is the ideal entertainment venue with Live Music five nights a week as well as DJs, pub quizzes and lots more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar for all customers.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

we had dinner wednesday night theres two restaurants one upstairs which is a bistro,and 1 downstairs which is a main bar and a restaurant,our main course was sea-bass we was expecting or thought the fish would be steamed but instead it was deep fried,not what we was exspecting but overall the food was good and the price was ok.

1  Thank cpfc1965

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I were staying at the Queens Hotel in Ennis the week of April 14th. We picked Knox's Restaurant at random to have dinner which is just down the street from the hotel. There was a "specials" board in front of the restaurant. We chose the lamb dinner "special" for 9.50 Euros each. We were not disappointed. The lamb was tender and delicious and the portions were ample. There were plenty of vegetables including mashed potatoes, carrots, and turnips. It was another great experience in Ennis. We highly recommend this restaurant. You cannot lose.
Greg Miller
Millersville, Pennsylvania

2  Thank Greg M
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stopped at Knox's for dinner during our stay in Ennis. We ate in the bar, and while I could have ordered appetizers for my meal, I took a chance and asked the bartender if there were any vegetarian entree choices. He checked with the chef, and came back with a choice of pasta or stir fry. I choose the stir fry, and was very pleased. The service was excellent, and I appreciated the effort of the bartender and chef to make me a veggie meal.

Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

HI Nicole, thanks for the review. I'm delighted you enjoyed the meal with us in the bar. We love looking after our customers that have any dietary or special requirements. Our staff are trained to make sure all customers are looked after to the best of the business' ability. Our chefrs are excellent and more than accommodating. Once again thanks for the review and I hope to see you again in Knoxs!

Declan O'Loughlin
Sales & Marketing Assistant

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Last week for a football match I was the designated driver and brought 2 friends into Knox's for a match. I got water for the first round and then diluted orange the 2nd round. My friend got charged €2 for my orange. When I went up and queries this I was told 'Yes, thats a double dash so thats €2'.

Take into account that, after the match, we went to Ciaran's around the corner and, seeing that I was not drinking, the barman offered me a coffee free of charge.

Rarely if ever have I ever been charged for a diluted drink in a pub in my life. Perhaps once or twice in Dublin but that was it and, even then, it was less than €1.
I have drank in Ennis since 18 (33 now) and I will try my best not to go back to Knox's if that is how they practice business these days and ask friends not to either.

Bad form Knox's. Seriously bad form!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Went for a few pints, watched a football game, then live music started. Easy to sit and talk with friends and nice atmosphere