“Still the best in Ennis”
Review of Knox's

Knox's
Ranked #8 of 109 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the bustling town of Ennis, Knox's is an enduringly popular local pub and bistro with an engaging and convivial atmosphere, establishing it as one of the most popular venues for nightlife and entertainment. Exposed stone and brickwork and wooden beams give the interior a rustic charm, while fresh local produce sets off the brasserie-style dishes on the menu in the upstairs restaurant. All sporting events including Championship hurling and football, Premiership games, Champions League, Six Nations and the Heineken Cup are all shown live in the bar. The resident DJs and live music will have you dancing and with the late night bar extension from Thursday to Sunday, Knox's keeps the lively and friendly crowd buzzing late into the night. Knox's is the ideal entertainment venue with Live Music five nights a week as well as DJs, pub quizzes and lots more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar for all customers.
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a seriously great meal in Knoxs bistro on Saturday night , fantastic food and superb service , call in if you are in ennis , you won't be disappointed

Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm over the moon that you enjoyed your meal so much. Next time your in Ennis, don't hesitate to pop in again! Once more, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Me and the boys finished our golfing trip in Ennis town on our last night.We went to knoxs in the centre of town for a meal and a few beers.
We had such a great meal...3 courses for only 21 euro..and of course a few bottles of wine which went down a treat :-) Great service, nice friendly chat from the waiter..
And then the bar ..more wine and beer and then a band playing...the night just flowed so well..chatting to the locals..and it didnt close until 2am.
What more could we ask for to finish off a great golfing trip, apart from better golf!!
Well done ..we will be back next year

Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hello! Thanks for leaving us such a great review. We love getting feedback from customers so its much appreciated!! I'm delighted you enjoyed the night in both the restaurant and the bar. We have live music nearly every night whether its a one man band or a four piece! I hope the golf went well and we are all looking forward to seeing ye all again next year. Thanks again for the review!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

While on my way to a recommended establishment, I saw a sign for Knox's & unfortunately decided to try it. What a mistake? The pub itself looked reasonably inviting except for the two drunks who arrived in my booth. It was downhill fro there on & it led me to think it should be renamed Obknoxs. My food was cold, my French fries were reheated & my waiter left lots to be desired. When I complained,the only concession was a 10 per cent discount on the meal. I am not a complaining person but this was bad. I will not even give this place a 2nd chance & I will not be recommending it to anybody.

1  Thank silverfox711
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi there. I am extremely sorry that your experience at our establishment was not a good one. This is not our usual service. We pride ourselves on providing both quality food and service to every customer that enters our bar. Your experience was not satisfactory and the matter is being dealt with immediately. Both the waiting staff and the chefs have been spoken to in regards to your meal. Again, I am extremely sorry for the poor experience you received and I hope this does not affect you returning one day. Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Any information we receive back from customers is appreciated and it only helps us in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a decent and centrally located restaurant. Although I cannot find any glaring faults with it, we were not particularly impressed. The food was good, but I've tasted better steaks. Average restaurant.

1  Thank Karl T

Hi Karl, thank you for the review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from customers as it helps us understand where we can improve. I apologise that your food was only average. I hope this doesn't affect you returning to Knox's in the future. We have a wide range of dishes on our menus as well as many special deals. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you again in our Bistro one day.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very enjoyable evening with business colleagues, prices reasonable for the style of restaurant, but maybe expensive for the locality.
The food was well presented and there was a varied menu to suit all tastes.
Generous Wine list with good value House wines, some wines also available by the glass.
Good friendly service, nothing to fault.

Hi there Rob. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your meal in our Bistro. Whats more pleasing is that you noticed our varied menu. It is often hard to construct the perfect menu while still leaving variety for the customer. We appreciate all forms of feedback on both our Pub & Restaurant and for this I'm very thankful to you. I hope to see you gain soon in our Bistro. Many thanks.