“Total let down”
Review of Knox's

Knox's
Ranked #8 of 109 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the bustling town of Ennis, Knox's is an enduringly popular local pub and bistro with an engaging and convivial atmosphere, establishing it as one of the most popular venues for nightlife and entertainment. Exposed stone and brickwork and wooden beams give the interior a rustic charm, while fresh local produce sets off the brasserie-style dishes on the menu in the upstairs restaurant. All sporting events including Championship hurling and football, Premiership games, Champions League, Six Nations and the Heineken Cup are all shown live in the bar. The resident DJs and live music will have you dancing and with the late night bar extension from Thursday to Sunday, Knox's keeps the lively and friendly crowd buzzing late into the night. Knox's is the ideal entertainment venue with Live Music five nights a week as well as DJs, pub quizzes and lots more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar for all customers.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

While on my way to a recommended establishment, I saw a sign for Knox's & unfortunately decided to try it. What a mistake? The pub itself looked reasonably inviting except for the two drunks who arrived in my booth. It was downhill fro there on & it led me to think it should be renamed Obknoxs. My food was cold, my French fries were reheated & my waiter left lots to be desired. When I complained,the only concession was a 10 per cent discount on the meal. I am not a complaining person but this was bad. I will not even give this place a 2nd chance & I will not be recommending it to anybody.

1  Thank silverfox711
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi there. I am extremely sorry that your experience at our establishment was not a good one. This is not our usual service. We pride ourselves on providing both quality food and service to every customer that enters our bar. Your experience was not satisfactory and the matter is being dealt with immediately. Both the waiting staff and the chefs have been spoken to in regards to your meal. Again, I am extremely sorry for the poor experience you received and I hope this does not affect you returning one day. Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Any information we receive back from customers is appreciated and it only helps us in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a decent and centrally located restaurant. Although I cannot find any glaring faults with it, we were not particularly impressed. The food was good, but I've tasted better steaks. Average restaurant.

1  Thank Karl T

Hi Karl, thank you for the review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from customers as it helps us understand where we can improve. I apologise that your food was only average. I hope this doesn't affect you returning to Knox's in the future. We have a wide range of dishes on our menus as well as many special deals. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you again in our Bistro one day.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very enjoyable evening with business colleagues, prices reasonable for the style of restaurant, but maybe expensive for the locality.
The food was well presented and there was a varied menu to suit all tastes.
Generous Wine list with good value House wines, some wines also available by the glass.
Good friendly service, nothing to fault.

Hi there Rob. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your meal in our Bistro. Whats more pleasing is that you noticed our varied menu. It is often hard to construct the perfect menu while still leaving variety for the customer. We appreciate all forms of feedback on both our Pub & Restaurant and for this I'm very thankful to you. I hope to see you gain soon in our Bistro. Many thanks.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Strolling around Ennis looking for something to eat, we saw the trip adviser sign outside this pub and we decided to go in, we were met at the door by the owner ( I would say ) and he was very welcoming, he sat us upstairs and gave us plenty options for my three tired children who were tired from following there mother shopping all day. I had the soup and the Caesar salad my wife had a soup and my kids had homemade gougons and chips. The food was really nice, the service was very good. Would defo call again.

3  Thank EdwardO71

Hi Edward. Thank you very much for the brilliant review. Feedback from customers is so important to us as it helps us understand where and how we can improve our Pub & Bistro each day. We like to make sure the little ones are always looked after so we make sure they enjoy the experience as much as adults do. I'm glad the food was enjoyed by all and I hope to see you again someday. Be sure to call in again! And once more, thank you!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We finally went to Knox's, as we're starting to run out of new places to try in Ennis. The only vegan option on the menu (there are three vegetarian options, which is actually a positive thing) was the Roasted Vegetables in Thai Green Curry Sauce, which clocked in at 16 euros. Nothing annoys me more than overpriced vegan food that less tasty than what I can make myself at home. You know it cost them just a couple of quid to roast some vegetables, toss them with a coconut sauce, and plate them next to a cup of steamed rice. I was not impressed, and it is unlikely that we will be returning.

1  Thank ronni-michelle
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to leave us a review. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our customers with the best possible food and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issue of pricing with both the restaurant manager and the head chef. I apologize again that you did not fully enjoy your visit and I hope that this did not affect your thoughts on returning to our restaurant. Thanks again for the feedback and once more, apologies that it did not meet your expectations.