“Best food we ate whilst in Ireland”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Ranked #8 of 102 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: American, Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: close down
South Wales
“Best food we ate whilst in Ireland”
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We ate here twice whilst travelling in the West of Ireland and loved it both times. The food was really fantastic and the service couldn't have been better, the staff were friendly and very welcoming. We really liked the whole feel of restaurant and would happily go back.

1 Thank LadyRobinson

kinvara galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak i've ever had”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Season's52 has to be one of the best restaurants i have been to in years. The first thing that struck me was the natural ambience. The lighting,music and cosy booths. Great selection of food to cater for everyone. My mother is caelic and finds it hard to get a good meal out, but our waitress explained a number of dishes that would suit her so she was very impressed.I had a great big bowl of fresh mussels to start served in a cream and white wine sauce, followed by a juicy fillet steak. If you havent tried a steak "philly style" you dont know what your missing. We ended up ordering another bottle of wine as we were enjoying the music so much. A must to visit if your in Ennis.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
“like home away from home”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

It is tough to find a good steak in Ireland ( compared to the U.S.) but in the 2 weeks we were in the west of Ireland in July Seasons 52 was the best by far. The service was very attentive and lovely decor as well. We were very impressed by the cleanliness of the
restaurant and in particular the rest rooms (which are not impressive in many restaurants and pubs in Ireland)-will go there again when we are in Ennis.

Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent Early Bird”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had an early dinner in Seasons 52 last Sunday 17th May. I was just looking for a light meal before going to the cinema for the evening. I was very pleasently surprised that they had an early-bird menu for just €19.95. This was for four courses; starter, main, dessert and tea/coffee. The restaurant was quiet but certainly not empty. Every second table was in use and there was a quiet buzz. This together with the atmospheric lighting and the cozy booths made for a nice atmosphere and had we no plans we may well have stayed longer enjoying a bottle of wine.
The selection was admittedly limited for the starters and dessert on the early-bird but there was a good range of mains on offer and a large a-la-carte menu. I had a veg and bacon soup to start and my partner had chicken goujons. The soup was fine but nothing special, a bit salty but still it left you wanting more. The goujons were in a sweet chilli sauce and recommended by my companion. My main was a chicken fillet in mushroom and brandy sauce and came with plenty of accutrements; potatoes, bith mashed and boiled, and a selection of fresh (not frozen) veg. I thought it a lovely casual dish and better than expected. The chicken curry from the a-la-carte across the table was declared excellent. I finished up with ice-cream and coffees for both of us.
Overall a lovely casual meal at a price it would be hard to match in an Irish Restaurant.

Ennis, Co. Clare , Ireland
“ok but not for romance.”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

some friends of mine and I have been to this restaurant a number of times. the food is good but the service is very, VERY hit and miss. I've noticed that if you're in a group of five or more the staff fawn over you but if you're there for something a little bit more intimate you tend to be ignored or forgotten about ...... we've not established that yet.

However, credit where credit is due the food is good and not the worst for value. Also it's right about a bar that tends to have fairly loud music after about 9/10pm so you'd want to make reservations for earlier if you do decide you want to be all romantic. I'd go again but if you're going there to impress your new in-laws or a new girlfriend/boyfriend I'd suggest you try somewhere else.