“Gotta Go !!”

Ted's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Moline, Illinois
“Gotta Go !!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were informed by many locals to visit Ted's Bakery and thank goodness we did!! Their pie and rolls are amazing ! I do not know what they use to cook with but every thing was so light, not heavy, or weighed on your stomach. Yum Yum !! and the coconut peanut butter...take a jar home !

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“I don't get it.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It's good. Probably should stop, but not sure what all the fuss is about. Maybe being from NYC it's harder for me to be impressed by bakeries?

Memphis, Tennessee
“Addictive”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the place you will visit for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and anytime you are hungry! Check out the ham and cheese croissants, doughnut twists, teriyaki chicken, teriyaki beef, chocolate doughnuts, chocolate cream pies, banana cream pies, rolls, etc. Yum.

“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

After reading so many wonderful reviews on Ted's, I put a visit on my 'Must Do' list on our return trip to Oahu. We had tried the pie on our previous visit and it was good, so I assumed that a trip to the bakery would be even better. I envisioned a bakery with a large selection of pies that would allow us each to choose a type we wanted to try. Instead we found a cooler with pre-packaged slices. All they had was the Chocolate Hupie Pie. When I asked if they had any other varieties in the back, the woman explained that as they were making the Chocolate Hupie at the time, it would probably be the next day before there was a different variety. The food is ordered at a counter and all the seating is outside. The food menu was extensive, but it seemed high priced for the atmosphere and the quality. I ended up leaving with a prepackaged piece of Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cheese Cake, It was a cheesecake with a Macadamia nut cake crust and was VERY sweet and rich. I ate a few bites and did not finish it. I was disappointed in the experience. I will likely try to find some different varieties at the local grocery store and skip another trip to the bakery.

• Visited July 2014
California
“Feel Like A Local”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are so glad we went to Ted's There was a write up in one of the info booklets about Ted's Bakery and how they are famous for their traditional Chocolate Haupie Pie. It is not far at all from the Turtle Bay Resort and is known even to the locals in Honolulu, who are known to drive all the way up to get a slice of the pie. We had to try it and got just a single slice our first visit...to share. Next we bought an entire pie. Then we returned two more times as we realized that they are also known for their great food! You can get a fresh, delicious hamburger for $4.95. Fries are extra and as fresh as they come. This is amazing when you start thinking $13.00 is cheap for the average burger on the island! Its fun to eat outside with locals, trade winds blowing your hair and Chocolate Haupie Pie labels covering the entire poll of the umbrellas at every table. You will be so very glad you came.